Welcome to the Equity & Diversity Committee
The Equity and Diversity Committee explores academic and professional matters concerning student and faculty equity and diversity practices and policies at the college.
- Identifies supports and promotes programs and practices that advance a climate of inclusion and appreciation of diversity at the College.
- Develops, recommends and assesses policies, programs and strategies that promote equity and diversity in student success (e.g., retention, course completion, transfer).
- Collaborates with other Academic Senate committees and college constituencies to regularly assess, update and implement components of the Santa Monica College Equity Plan.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the Academic Senate on issues of equity and diversity in faculty hiring, equal opportunity and cultural diversity in the curriculum.
- Recommends to Human Resources DPAC subcommittee matters related to plans, programs, projects, policies and training that uphold our commitment to faculty equity and diversity (EEO).
- Promotes the hiring of faculty who support the goals of student success for a diverse student population.
Meeting - Dates/Time/Location 2013-2014
LS 104 - 12:45-2pm
9/30, 10/7, 10/28, 11/4, 11/25, 12/9
Equity and Diversity Action Committee of the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges
California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office
Student/Faculty Diversity Powerpoint Presentation