Welcome to the Equity & Diversity Committee
The Equity and Diversity Committee explores academic and professional matters concerning faculty equity and diversity practices and policies at the college. It works with appropriate campus groups to develop, recommend, and assess policies, programs and strategies that promote equity and diversity in student success and to update the college’s equity plan.
- Provide input and collaborative support as needed to various equity-related groups and initiatives on campus.
- Support the establishment and staffing of a Gender Equity/Social Justice Advocacy Center.
- Work with building management and services to identity existing space for gender neutral restrooms for faculty, staff and students on all campuses. Provide recommendations as needed.
- Assist the Professional Development Committee to develop programming for Spring Professional Development Day.
- Develop an equity best practices resource guide for Santa Monica College faculty
Chair, Mark Tomasic 310-434-8763
Time: Wednesdays, 12:30 - 1:30 PM
Location: Center for Teaching Excellence M104
Agendas & Minutes