Institutional Effectiveness - Joint Committee (formerly the I/SLO Committee)
Welcome to the Institutional Effectiveness Committee
Scope and Functions
The Institutional Effectiveness Committee works with all district units to achieve and sustain proficiency in the formulation, assessment, and analyses of multiple effectiveness measures in order to inform the Program Review and Institutional Planning processes as well as aid in the preparation of periodic accreditation self-studies.
- Coordinates policy and provides assistance to the Curriculum and Program Review Committees as well as all instructional departments and non-instructional and administrative units.
- Ensures that these departments and units understand the importance of outcomes analysis and its role in the ongoing cycle of outcomes definition, assessment, and revision.
- Sustains the infrastructure for reporting and collecting outcomes data.
- Facilitates the linkage between the Office of Institutional Research and the planning process through the identification and analysis of institutional data such as student engagement, campus climate, and other surveys.
- Reviews those parts of the annual Program Review Reports having to do with data-based evaluation of programs.
- Make suggestions to DPAC especially in regard to the development and assessment of the College’s strategic initiatives.
- Reviews institutional level outcomes data to inform program and institutional decision-making and planning
Christine Schultz (Faculty), Chair x4940
Hannah Lawler (Administrator), Vice Chair x3472
Meeting Dates/Times/Location: The Institutional Effectiveness Committee meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of every month from 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM in the Academic Senate Conference Room - HSS 261 during the primary terms
February 23, 2014 CANCELLED
Agendas, Minutes, and Related Documents from Previous Year
Annual Reports to DPAC
Resources and Partnerships: