Janet McCulloch has taught English at SRJC full-time for fourteen years; she has also taught part-time at Mendocino College in Ukiah and at Sonoma State University. Janet attended UC-Davis, CSU-Sacramento, and Sonoma State University. She holds a Bachelors Degree in English Literature and a Masters Degree in English with an Emphasis in Teaching Composition.
Apart from her teaching duties, Janet has been the English Department's Developmental Coordinator supervising classified instructional assistants who work in the Writing Center and in pre-collegiate English classrooms. For almost twenty years, Janet has been elected to the All Faculty Association Executive Council (the exclusive independent bargaining agent for faculty at SRJC) where she has served as Secretary Treasurer, Publications Coordinator, President, and currently Chief Negotiator.
She has served on the following district-wide committees and task forces:
- Curriculum Review Committee (12 years)
- Faculty Co-chair, District Tenure Review and Evaluation Committee (4 years)
- Institutional Planning Council (5 years)
- Budget Advisory Committee (5 years)
- College Council (5 years)
- Educational Planning and Coordination Council (2 years)
- Calendar Committee (6 years)
- Developmental Education and ESL Task Force (now BSI) (3 years)
- Classified Staffing Advisory Committee (2 years)
- The Multi-site Task Force (3 years over a 17-year period)
- Standard IV Accreditation Self-Study