Facilities Planning Subcommittee
J.C. Keurjian, Co-Chair
Meetings: Fourth Wednesday of each month (excluding December, January, June, July and August, at 11:05 a.m. - 12:05 p.m., Gym 223 "Skybox."
Duties of the Facilities Planning Subcommittee
- Participate in the process for the preparation of various District facilities related documents, such as the facilities section of the Master Plan for Education, the Facilities Master Plan, the Five-Year Construction Plan submitted to the Chancellor's Office.
- Factor into planning the impact of local funds available, state funding criteria, space allocation formulas, facility utilization standards, capacity/load ratios, enrollment forecasts, and the inventory of existing facilities.
- Review the documents used in facilities planning.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of funding/staffing for facilities, including new construction, remodels, maintenance, grounds, and campus operations.
Reference: Program Review Recommendation
- With Budget, Human Resources and Technology Planning Subcommittees, build maintenance of technology and facilities into the district budget. This includes appropriate staffing for maintenance, equipment replacement, and software upgrades.
Approved: 5/11/2005; Revised 6/22/06, 8/06, 7/07, 10/10, 11/13/10