SANTA MONICA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT FACILITY RENTAL POLICY
I. PRIORITIES FOR THE USE OF COLLEGE FACILITIES
- Santa Monica Community College activities/groups, including academic classes, community service classes, Athletics programs including meets, practices, fundraisers.
- Academic and Athletics requests from local 'feeder' public and private high schools.
- Non-profit organizations within the Santa Monica Community College District whose purposes are to improve the general welfare of the community, and where no admission is charged. If admission or donations are solicited, the proceeds are to be expended for the welfare of the students of the community, for charitable purposes, or for the support of the local organization.
- Nonprofit organizations outside of the Santa Monica Community College District.
- Maintenance, cleaning, and renovation activities have priority over outside users and will be scheduled to avoid academic and Athletics activities where practical.
- Facilities will not be made available if necessary personnel are not available for supervision.
II. APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- Proof of non-profit status required, if applicable.
- Applications must be submitted to via the Event Management System:
- After approval of the Facility Rental Request, both parties must sign a Facility Rental Agreement.
- Applicant will be required to pay security deposit and rental charges in advance.
- Appropriate charges will be paid for special equipment, services and staff supervision (labor services).
- The User shall hold SMC harmless, and SMC shall not be responsible or liable to the User for, any injury or damage resulting from any acts or omissions occurring on or about the requested facilities. User shall provide evidence of liability insurance with not less than
$1,000,000.00 combined single limits when requested in advance by SMC, and name Santa Monica College as
"Additional Insured". Insurance coverage must be approved in advance by the responsible administrator in the SMC Risk Management and/or Facilities Programming departments.
III. RENTAL FEES FOR USE OF COLLEGE FACILITIES
- College facilities are provided "as is". Facilities must be returned in the same condition as presented, minus normal wear and tear.
- Additional charges will be made for any special equipment and services, including labor services, required for use. Permits will not be approved if required staff resources are not available.
- Classification of charges:
CLASS I - NO BASIC CHARGE. Santa Monica College Campus Organizations only. Additional charges may be made for special equipment and services.
CLASS II - BASIC RATE. A minimum charge will be made to nonprofit organizations, in addition to charges for equipment and services.
CLASS III - COMMERCIAL RATE. Fair rental value as determined by the district will be charged to individuals and organizations not qualifying for non-profit status, in addition to charges for equipment and services.
CLASS IV – COMMERCIAL FILMING AND TELEVISION. Fair rental value for use as a Filming or Television location site will be charged to production companies and producers. Fees will be determined based on the facilities or sites needed, the amount of time to be spent at the college, and space required for equipment, vehicles, and security. Charges for use of SMC equipment and labor services will also be applied.
IV. REGULATIONS FOR USE OF COLLEGE FACILITIES
- All facilities shall remain at all times under the control of the supervising district employee, who is in charge of enforcing district regulations. Non-SMC users will be charged for site supervision.
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted. No person under the influence of alcohol or drugs shall be allowed to participate in any permitted activity.
- Individuals and organizations using facilities shall conform to all state, city and county ordinances and fire regulations.
- Facilities are available during vacation periods only if the use does not conflict with cleaning and renovating activities, and if necessary personnel are available for supervision.
- All medical emergencies and any damages to facilities must be reported immediately to the Campus Police. The Campus Police have control over all security matters on the College Campus.
- All outside organizations are liable for any damage to or destruction of College property beyond ordinary wear and tear as determined by the District.
PROHIBITED USE OF DISTRICT PROPERTY
- Any public meeting or event where the admission or activity discriminates in any way based on a citizen's race, color, creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Uses that could result in any nuisance or disturbance of the peace or adversely impact the neighborhood or result in damage to property.
- A meeting of any group whose purpose is to overthrow the Government of the United States, or that of the State of California.
APPROVAL OF PERMITS
- All permit requests will be reviewed and approved by the appropriate departments, including Campus Police.
- Any approved Permit for Use of College facilities may be revoked without previous notice where conflicting dates have resulted, or where need of the property for District purposes has subsequently developed. For other causes, permits may be revoked at any time upon reasonable notice.
- Santa Monica College reserves the right to deny services or requests that may be considered unreasonable or extraordinary, or if required staff resources are unavailable.
- The Facilities Programming Department must receive full payment
2 weeks before the scheduled event date.
- Payment can be made by cash, check, cashier's check, or money order. Make all check's payable to "Santa Monica College".
NOTE: A $60.00 cleaning fee will be added to the bill if food is served in the room.
SANTA MONICA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT FACILITY RENTAL SCHEDULE
The following fees are based upon use for a
six-hour period including set-up, rehearsal, and breakdown time. Additional hours during the same day are pro-rated and charged on a per hour basis.
The College may require, at the cost of the lessee, certain minimum staffing at some events for the protection of public safety and college facilities. The staffing and equipment are
not included in the fee below.
A certificate of insurance of
$1,000,000.00 is required by
all sponsoring groups.
Non-Profit class II
Commercial class III
Corsair Field only (day) n/a 1,200.00 2,400.00
Field & West Stadium 4000 1,500.00 3,000.00
Gymnasium, no seating n/a 650.00 1,300.00
Gymnasium, with bleachers 1200 900.00 1,800.00
Bundy 123 80 200.00 400.00
Cafeteria 400 650.00 1,300.00
Board Room 75 150.00 300.00
Conference Room(s) 12-25 120.00 240.00
Classroom 35-50 100.00 200.00
Lecture Hall 75-120 180.00 360.00
Parking Area or Ground n/a 50.00 - 1,000.00 100.00 - 2,500.00
Class IV - Filming or Taping
Corsair Field only (day) n/a 3,500.00
Field, Stadium, Bleachers 6000 5,000.00
Stadium Seating only 4000 1,500.00
Gymnasium, no seating n/a 2,500.00
Gymnasium, with bleachers 1800 3,000.00
Track n/a 2,500.00
Cafeteria 400 3,000.00
Board Room 75 500.00
Conference Room(s) 12-25 500.00
Classroom 35-50 500.00
Lecture Hall 75-120 750.00
Parking Area or Ground n/a 500.00 - 3,500.00
Entire Building (Major Complex) n/a 3,500.00 - 10,000.00
The filming and taping charge above are based on a 10 hour day. Hourly rate after 10 hours is
$100.00 per hour.
SANTA MONICA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT SPECIAL EVENT FACILITY RENTAL FEE SCHEDULE
The Special event fee Schedule is catered to football game, track meet, music concert, dance show, theatrical production, and any other event that needs special set-up or lighting.
The following fees are based upon use for a six hour period including set-up, rehearsal, and break-down time.
Additional hours during the same day are pro-rated and charge on a per hour basis.
The College may require, at the cost of the lessee, certain minimum staffing at some events for the protection of public safety and college facilities. The staffing is not included in the fee below.
A certificate of insurance of $1,000,000.00, and named Santa Monica College as "Additional Insured" is required by all sponsoring group.
Stadium Field Event - day event (football) $7,000.00 $14,000.00
Stadium Field Event - night event (football) 7,500.00 15,000.00
Stadium Field - day event other than football game 1,200.00 2,400.00
Stadium Field - night event other than football game 2,500.00 5,000.00
Running Track - day 400.00 750.00
Running Track - night 1,000.00 1,800.00
Track Meet - day 600.00 1,000.00
Track Meet - night 1,500.00 3,000.00
Locker Room - game 300.00 600.00
Main Stage with stage lighting, sound 2,000.00 4,000.00
Concert Hall with stage lighting, sound 1,500.00 3,000.00
Studio Stage with stage lighting, sound 650.00 1,300.00
Studio Stage with stage lighting, sound, chairs 750.00 1,500.00
Cafeteria with sound system 1,000.00 2,000.00
SANTA MONICA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT STAFF FEE SCHEDULE
The following fees are based upon use for a four hour period per person. Additional hours during the same day are pro-rated and charged on a per hour basis.
Base Rate Additional per-hour rate
Box Office Personnel $200.00 $50.00
Custodian $180.00 $45.00
Electrician $340.00 $85.00
Events Technician $260.00 $65.00
Grounds Department $180.00 $45.00
Police Officer $380.00 $95.00
Telecommunications Technician $300.00 $75.00
Media Technician $240.00 $60.00
Athletics $280.00 $70.00
SANTA MONICA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT EQUIPMENT RENTAL SCHEDULE
AC POWER EXTENSION CORD 25' $5.00
OVERHEAD PROJECTOR WITH SCREEN $40.00
PIANO - 9' (Concert Grand) $500.00
PIANO TUNING $150.00
PLATFORM 4' X 8' $40.00
PODIUM WITH BUILD-IN PA SYSTEM $150.00
SMALL SOUND SYSTEM $400.00
 REV. 020118