Noncredit ESL/Citizenship Program
Steps to Enroll in Classes
- Orientation (In person)
- Student Education Plan with Counselor
- Updated Student Education Plan with Counselor (Future Semesters)
- Register for classes (current semester)
- Buy Text Book(s)
- Complete 40 hours of instruction
- Complete post-test
Location & Contact
SMC Bundy Campus
Office of Continuing Education
3171 Bundy Drive, Room 112
Los Angeles, CA 90066
- Bookstore: Room 101 (1st week of semester only)
- Computer Lab: Room 116 ($.10 cents per copy)
- Free Shuttle to Main Campus: Pick-up is on the south side of Bundy for SMC students and staff.
- ESL 902 Integrated Skills
- ESL 911 Listening/Speaking/Pronunciation
- ESL 961 Reading and Writing
- ESL 971 Idioms/Prepositions/Vocabulary
- ESL 903 Integrated Skills
- ESL 904 High Integrated Skills
- ESL 913 Listening/Speaking/Pronunciation
- ESL 963 Reading and Writing
- ESL 973 Idioms/Prepositions/Vocabulary
- ESL 905 Integrated Skills
- ESL 906 High Integrated Skills
- ESL 915 Listening/Speaking/Pronunciation
- ESL 965 Reading and Writing
- ESL 975 Idioms/Prepositions/Vocabulary
Citizenship Class: POL SCI 930
- Prepare for the New Citizenship exam, interview and receive help with the N-400 application.
- Continuous open enrollment.
- Multi-lingual teacher
- MW 6:30-8:30pm
To see what classes are available, visit the Class Schedules
The schedule is flexible for students. Courses are available in the morning and afternoons. We even have courses on Saturdays.
You can also come to the Bundy Campus and pick-up a class schedule in room 112
- Attendance is important for successful learning and will be taken in each class.
- If you miss 2 consecutive classes, you will be dropped.
- The more time and energy you put into your class, the faster you will learn English.
- You can register anytime during the semester. As long as the class is open (Open Entry/Open Exit)
- If you feel you are not in the correct level, check with your instructor or a counselor about which level may be more appropriate for you.
- Go to Bundy Campus Room 116C to make any changes
Fees & Financial Aid
- SMC noncredit classes are free!
- You may be asked to pay for textbooks, materials, and supplies that you will need to succeed in your class. Approximate cost is $40-50.
- There is no financial aid available for noncredit courses books or supplies.
Grades & Transfer Credit
- You will not receive a grade for noncredit courses you attend.
- Noncredit courses do not transfer to another school, but they help prepare you to take credit college courses.
Noncredit Priority Registration
Complete or update your Noncredit Education Plan with Counselor.
Complete 40 hours of instruction.
Complete CASAS post-test.
Walk-in tutoring is available:
Tuesdays, 12:45 - 2:45 p.m. in Bundy Room 212
Wednesdays, 12:45-2:45 p.m. in Bundy Room 216
Tutoring will help you with pronunciation, speaking, listening, reading, writing, idioms and prepositions, and vocabulary.
See a counselor to start your planning now!
Counselors are here to help the transition from Noncredit ESL to:
- School: Noncredit Vocational Courses, Credit, Certificate, AA/AS, Transfer, Career Exploration
- Work: Employment, Workshops, Resume, Interviews, Volunteer Opportunities, Promotions
A counselor is available to help you select courses, define educational goals, and find the SMC services you need.
Location: Bundy Room 116C
Noncredit ESL Program Counseling
SMC Application and Transition Services to Credit Coursework
SMC Certificates, Degrees and Transfer Advisement
Major/Course of Study Advisements
SMC Policies and Procedures
How to Get A Student Picture ID
- Take your registration form and a current photo ID to the Bursar Office (Map #44 )
- Pay $32.50 for the ID card and activity sticker.
Visit the Bursar's Office for hours and location.
- At Santa Monica College, the safety and well-being of our students, faculty and staff are always first priority.
- Download Live Safe – Free App with SMC safety information and real-time notifications to your phone.
- If you need assistance, contact Campus Police at (310) 434-4300
SMC takes pride in providing a safe environment. Another type of safety is consent.
For more information, visit Title IX.
Bundy Building Rules
- No smoking
- Food and drinks are permitted in the Food Court area, in each study area on each floor. outside the building. Only water in closed containers is permitted in the hallways and classrooms. No food or drinks are allowed in the Computer Lab at any time
Parking at Bundy
- You can get a parking decal in the kiosk for free parking
- Avoid getting a parking ticket! Head-in parking only.
Noncredit ESL PowerPoint Presentation