The Art Department of Santa Monica College offers an extensive and very well-received program in Studio Art, Art History and Design. The primary mission of our program is to prepare students for upper division study at a four-year, two-year, university or art school and/or to earn an Associate of Arts degree. Secondary objectives include portfolio preparation for students seeking admission to the Arts and Entertainment Academy and other two-year vocational training programs.
We are well known as one of the best foundation art programs in the state, and our students are regularly recruited and given scholarships by the most prominent art schools in the country. These include Cal Arts, Art Center College of Art and Design, San Francisco Art Institute, the Chicago Art Institute, Rhode Island College of Art and Design and the California College of Arts and Crafts.
Congratulations to the class of 2020, SMC Art Department Students who have been accepted to their transfer college or university. The following students have informed us of their accomplishment and we would love to hear from you if you are not listed to add your name!
- Andree Anzurez- USC Architecture
- Jacob Fenton- UCLA
- Joe Eidle- UCLA, UC Berkeley
- Katarzyna “Katie” Barkun- UCLA, UC Berkeley
- Kayla Melamed- UCLA , UC Berkeley
- Kiko Thomas- UC San Diego, Cal State Long Beach
- Langston Hay- UC Davis, City College of NY
- Lucy Birney- Cal Arts
- Luna Gibbels- UCLA, UC Berkeley
- Nina Klein- UCLA, UC Berkeley
- Teresa Raschilla- UC Riverside, UC Santa Barbara, UC Irvine, Cal State Humbolt
- Tony Anguiano- UC Riverside, UC San Diego
- Yuki Okita – UC Santa Barbara, UC Irvine, UC San Diego, OTIS, Art Institute of Chicago
Please send us an email at email@example.com.
Degrees and Certificates