Welcome to Educational Planning!
If you have a Counseling 20 packet, Blank Ed Plan Forms are available for your use.
Also, here are two additional versions of the Ed Plan Form.
Blank Ed Plan Form (Word-enter text into the document)
Blank Ed Plan Form (PDF-complete the document by hand)
These documents may help you complete your ed plan:
Questions? Be sure to ask your instructor!
What does Educational Planning mean?
- For this assignment, it means identifying and then planning out the SMC classes you'll need to reach your educational goal.
- Which SMC courses do you need for your goal?
- In what order do you take them?
Educational planning can be important for your future. Planning the classes you need for a Certificate of Achievement, Department Certificate, AA Degree or Transfer can help motivate you and get you to your goals with more direction.
For this assignment, you will:
- Identify the SMC courses needed for your educational goal
- Identify any prerequisite courses required (a prerequisite is a course needed before taking the next course. Ex.: Spanish 1 is the prerequisite for Spanish 2)
- Plan your courses for two future terms
- Meet with a counselor* who will check your plan to be sure it's correct and sign the final corrected plan. This step is not required for all classes--check with your instructor.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR ED PLAN FORM
1. Select ONE Educational Goal below.
2. Then, read ALL of the mini-lectures for that goal. (Don't worry! Most are short!)
The mini-lectures will:
Give you the information YOU needed about eduational planning.
Guide you through filling out your Ed Plan Form, section by section.
SELECT ONE EDUCATIONAL GOAL:
- Goal: SMC Certificate: FIVE Mini-Lectures--click on each link.
- Goal: SMC Associate's Degree: SIX Mini-Lectures--click on each link.
- Goal: Transfer for a Bachelor's Degree at a UC or CSU: SEVEN Mini-Lectures--click on each link.
- Introduction to Ed Planning
- Educational Goal: Transfer for a Bachelor's Degree at a Private or Out-of-State School: SEVEN Mini-Lectures--click on each link.