Checklist of Requirements
Santa Monica College – Health Sciences
ASSOCIATE DEGREE OF NURSING PROGRAM
Click Here to download the Checklist of Requirements
- Complete the Orientation Evaluation on the following site: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/OrientationEval Due December 12, 2014.
- You are not eligible for admittance to the ADN Program if you are on Academic or Lack of Progress Probation at Santa Monica College, or have fallen below the required cumulative college GPA for admission.
- ONE set of official transcripts for classes taken at other colleges. Transcripts must be sent directly from the institution(s) to the SMC Admissions & Records office and received no later than December 19, 2014. Mailing address: 1900 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90405.
- Each student must have a clear criminal background check and drug screening. This application is located on the Orientation website. Due January 16, 2015.
- The Santa Monica College Confidential Medical History Forms must be completed in black ink by the student and a Primary Care Provider and submitted to the SMC Health Sciences Department, located at the Bundy campus, by January 16, 2015. This blue form is included in your orientation packet. Please submit a photo copy of the completed form to the department and retain the original form for your personal records.
- Note: Your Hepatitis B series must be completed in FULL by the start of Nursing 15.
- The Santa Monica College - Nursing Student Health Requirements Form must be completed by a Primary Care Provider and submitted by the student to the SMC Health Sciences Department, located at the Bundy campus, by January 16, 2015. This green form is included in your orientation packet. Please submit a photo copy of the completed form to the department and retain the original form for your personal records.
- The nursing student is responsible for retaining the original results of their completed physical exam, lab results and immunizations.
- Valid CPR card - for Health Care Professionals (C or BCLS). Good for two years. Card must be issued by the American Heart Association. See passport packet, enclosed. Due January 16, 2015.
- Valid First Aid Card - good for two years. See passport packet. Due January 16, 2015.
- Malpractice Insurance - Purchased from Business Services/Auxiliary Office located at 1738 Pearl Street (main campus). See passport packet. Due January 16, 2015.
- Proof of Health Insurance Coverage - See passport packet. Due January 16, 2015.
- Photo ID card/Nursing Badge (on a clip) - Purchased from Station D (main campus). Good for two years.
- ID Name Badge (worn on uniforms) - Purchased from Quality Rubber Stamps, 710 Santa Monica Blvd in Santa Monica.
- Please note: It is your responsibility to retain copies of all documentation turned in to the SMC Health Sciences Department.
- Clinical Uniforms must be purchased prior to the start of the program. See Orientation website for a list of companies in the area that are familiar with SMC uniforms.