Application for the Nursing Program
Application Period: Fall 2017 Application sessions are now open through September 28th for Spring 2018 class consideration! Log into your Corsair Connect to register for an SMC Nursing Application workshop today!
The Santa Monica College nursing program utilizes a Multi-Criteria Screening Process for applications to the Generic ADN program. Applications sessions are available every Spring and Fall Semester.
Application sessions will open in Fall 2017 for Spring 2018 Consideration:
Nursing Program Information Sessions are provided throughout the semester. For information on how to register yourself for a Nursing Information Session, follow instructions at Admissions and Preparations.
- Tuesday, September 5, 11:30am - 12:30pm
- Friday, September 15, 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Thursday, September 21, 11:30am - 12:30pm
- Friday, September 29, 9:00am - 10:00am
- Thursday, October 5, 2:30pm - 3:30pm
- Wednesday, October 11, 4:00pm-5:00pm
- Monday, October 16, 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Monday October 23, 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Friday, November 3, 2:30pm - 3:30pm
- Wednesday, November 8, 11:30am - 12:30pm
- Wednesday, November 15, 4:00pm -5:00pm
- Monday, November 20, 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Friday, December 1, 2:30pm-3:30pm
- Monday, December 4, 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Thursday, December 14, 11:30am-12:00pm
- Monday, December 18, 4:30pm - 5:30pm
About the Nursing Program
Santa Monica College offers an Associate Degree Nursing Program that prepares students to meet the standards of the California Board of Registered Nursing. This pro gram is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Upon completion of the nursing program, graduates receive their Associate in Science Degree - Nursing Major and are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) to become a Registered Nurse. Santa Monica College Nursing Majors are encouraged to follow a transfer curriculum course of study that will enable the student to transfer to BSN programs.
California Board of Registered Nursing
1747 N. Market Blvd., Suite 150
Sacramento, CA 95834
Accreditation Commission for Education In Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Health Sciences Department: (310) 434-3453