Application for the Nursing Program
Application Period: Fall 2018 application sessions for spring 2019 consideration will open late summer. Application sessions are avaible ever Spring and Fall semester.
The Santa Monica College nursing program utilizes a Multi-Criteria Screening Process for applications to the Generic ADN program and these admission reqirments have been updated! Please review the PDF below to review these changes.
Application sessions will open summer 2018 for spring 2019 Consideration:
Nursing Program Information Sessions are provided throughout the semester. For information on how to register yourself for a Nursing Information Session, follow instructions at Admissions and Preparations.
For a detailed list of nursing information sessions, please review the dates below, or download the Nusing Information Sessions Flyer:
- Wednesday, February 14, 11:30am - 12:30pm
- Friday, February 16, 2:30pm - 3:30pm
- Tuesday, February 20, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Thursday, February 22, 9:00am - 10:00am
- Monday, February 26, 12:30pm-1:30pm
- Tuesday, March 6, 9:00am - 10:00am
- Wednesday, March 7, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- Thursday, March 15, 8:30am - 9:30am
- Monday, March 19, 11:30am - 12:30pm
- Monday, March 26, 4:30pm - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, March 27, 11:30am - 12:30pm
- Wednesday, April 4, 9:00am - 10:00am
- Friday, April 6, 2:30am - 3:30pm
About the Nursing Program
Santa Monica College offers an Associate Degree Nursing Program that prepares students to meet the standards of the California Board of Registered Nursing. This pro gram is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Upon completion of the nursing program, graduates receive their Associate in Science Degree - Nursing Major and are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) to become a Registered Nurse. Santa Monica College Nursing Majors are encouraged to follow a transfer curriculum course of study that will enable the student to transfer to BSN programs.
California Board of Registered Nursing
1747 N. Market Blvd., Suite 150
Sacramento, CA 95834
Accreditation Commission for Education In Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Health Sciences Department: (310) 434-3453