Preparation for Respiratory Therapy
PROGRAM PRE-REQUSITES: (27 or 31 units)
- Anatomy 1 - Human Anatomy with Lab (4 units)
- Physiology 3 - Human physiology with Lab (4 units)
- Chemistry 10 or 19 - Introduction to general chemistry (5 units)
- Microbiology 1 - Fundamentals of microbiology (5 units)
- English 1- Reading and composition (3 units)
- Communication studies, 11 or 35 or 37 - Oral communication (3 units)
- Math 18 or 20 - Intermediate Algebra (3 units or 5 units)
- RES TH 1 - Introduction to Respiratory Therapy (2 units)
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSOCIATE DEGREE
Students should consult with an SMC academic counselor to insure they meet the current general education requirements for the SMC Associate degree. It is strongly advised that students have these requirements met prior to completion of the RT course sequence.
Click here for SMC Associate degree information.