At this time, the MLT program is not accepting applications from students seeking admission for Winter/Spring 2014. Applications for fall 2014 admission will be accepted in June 2014.
MLT Prerequisites (science prerequisites recommended to be completed within the last 7 years)
- English Reading and Composition (ENGL 1)
- General Human Anatomy (ANATMY 1)
- Human Physiology (PHYS 3)
- Fundamentals of Microbiology (MCRBIO 1)
- General Chemistry II (CHEM 12)
- CA Certified Phlebotomy Technician License (CPT 1or 2) is a prerequisite to MLT 10.
A CA Certified Phlebotomy Technician License (CPT1 or 2) is a program requirement and prerequisite to MLT 10. It is required that all students in the program obtain a CPT1 or 2 licensure and show official documentation of a CA issued Phlebotomy licensure prior to admittance into MLT 10. It is recommended that the CPT1 or 2 be completed prior to admission into the MLT program. For further information regarding CA Phlebotomy instruction and certification, please speak to a MLT program counselor.
MLT Program Core Courses*
- MLT 1 (1 unit) – Intro to Clinical Lab Profession
- MLT 2 (6 units) – Hematology, Coagulation, Urine, Body Fluid
- MLT 3 (6 units) – Blood Banking, Immunology
- MLT 4 (6 units) – Clinical Chemistry
- MLT 5 (6 units) – Clinical Microbiology
- MLT 10 (12 units) – Clinical Practicum
*Program courses are subject to change