For Math 81, Math 84 and Math 31
Students must have 16 Arranged Hours completed by the specified date each semester (see below). These hours may be accumulated by any combination of the following three options with specific details for each method listed further down the page.
1) Complete online activities using the code provided in packages purchased at SMC bookstore. REQUIRES ACCESS CODE provided free in new packages - use any computer
· Sign in:
First Sign in: following the course specific directions: Math 81 & 84, Math 31
Subsequent sign in: go to appropriate website and log in.
· Activity: complete assignments on the homework tab. Students will receive 60 minutes credit toward their Arranged Hours requirement for each Homework section that is completed with a score of 70% or higher.
· Sign out: log off from the system. Assignments on homework tab with scores under 70% and completion of other material does not accumulate hours.
2) Complete activity worksheets from specific activity workbooks provided in packages purchased at SMC bookstore. For additional details, see the mathlab website.
3) Selected Workshops - Workshop details can be found under workshop link.
- (Fall and Spring only) Attend/participate in Supplemental Instruction sessions very selected times and days. You must sign in and out as requested.
- (Fall and Spring only) Attend Faculty led workshops very selected times and days. You must sign in and out as requested.
- Attend Math STEM Workshops very selected times and days. You must sign in and out as requested.
Last date to accrue hours for Fall 2015
To have activities stamped in the math lab deadline is 4pm Monday December 14th, 2015.
To complete activities online deadline is 11:59 pm Monday December 14th, 2015.
To accumulate hours towards your arranged hour commitment you must follow the directions correctly. Failure to follow these directions may result in hours not being accumulated on the official report and can result in a substandard grade.
A USED BOOK IS RARELY CHEAPER for these three classes. The bookstore carries packages only containing the main text, a workbook for arranged hours and an online code for arranged hours and possible required homework. They do NOT carry the components separately; the workbooks and the online codes can be purchased directly from the publisher with prices usually ranging from $50-$100 for each individual component; keep this hefty price in mind if you choose to purchase a used text. During the Fall and Spring semester it may be possible to complete arranged hours using Supplemental Instruction meetings or Faculty led workshops if your schedule does not conflict with when these are meeting.