Supplemental Instruction is an academic assistance program at Santa Monica College that provides free out-of-class sessions to students enrolled in specific courses. The SI sessions operate differently than the services provided by the various tutoring labs on campus in the sense that SI leaders do not tutor students or assist students with homework problems. In SI sessions, SI leaders engage students in interactive group activities to help them learn course concepts, prepare for exams, and learn effective study skills.
Facts About SI
- SI is FREE!
- Attendance at sessions is voluntary.
- Peer-facilitated study sessions.
- SI Leaders are students who have successfully taken the course before and are prepared to share with you what they have learned about how to study the material.
- Students engage in interactive study groups, discuss course content, learn and integrate study skills, participate in learning activities, and take mock exams.
- You will develop a better understanding of course content as well as more effective ways of studying.