Campus Operations - Custodial
It is our mission to provide a clean, safe and asethetically pleasing environment for all students and staff at SMC in accordance with the College's mission and vision, and in alignment with SMC’s institutional goals.
The Custodial Operations Department cleans and maintains the interiors of all District Facilities, ensures that all restrooms are adequately stocked and serviced and provides support setting up for special programs and events. The Custodial Operations Department supports the mission of SMC by providing clean, safe and sustainable learning environments and leads by example in utilizing environmentally friendly products.
The overarching charge of this department is providing a clean and safe environment by mitigating and ensuring we do our part to control exposure to viruses and toxins and to remove and clean up contaminates and pathogens.
Who We Are
The Custodial Operations Department consist of three supervisors, six lead custodians and forty-six custodians assigned to three workshifts:
- Day Shift: 5:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Swing Shift (NSI): 1:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.; Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Graveyard Shift (NSII): Monday through Thursday: 5:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- Saturday - one custodian working mornings - 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
two custodians working evenings - 2:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday - one lead custodian and two custodians working evenings - 2:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.