Here is a checklist of the basic steps to get you started
To be eligible, complete the 8th Grade and be at least 13 years of age
- Apply to SMC and get an SMC ID Number
- Complete the High School Concurrent Enrollment Application
- If recommended courses require it, take the English and/or Math Assessment test.
- Submit HSCE Application and a full high school transcript to the SMC Admissions Office
- Once admitted, you will receive an email with approved and prescribed courses
- Enroll yourself in classes!
Read more and use the links below for fuller details.
Apply to SMC and get an SMC ID Number
- You will then be able to log in to the student portal, Corsair Connect, from which you will also be able to access your SMC student email account. However, you will have to complete the rest of the steps below before you are able to enroll in classes.
Complete the High School Concurrent Enrollment Application
- Meet with your high school counselor to go over classes to take.
- Check the Schedule of Classes for available classes/times (Do NOT search "Dual" enrollment classes. Go to our Class Information page to learn more).
- Get signatures and a school seal.
- Get a full transcript from your school, which will be turned in with your application.
If Recommended Courses Require it, Take the English and/or Math Assessment Test.
- Go to the SMC Assessment Center.
- No appointment necessary, just visit during their testing hours.
- Bring your valid photo ID.
Submit the Completed High Scholl Concurrent Enrollment Application and your Full High School Transcript to the SMC Admissions Office
- Bring your valid photo ID.
- Bring the completed HSCE application and a full transcript from your school
- Admissions is located at 1900 Pico Boulevard, Santa Monica CA 90405.
- Check SMC Admissions for office hours.
- Admissions & Records staff will record the courses for which you have been approved into the enrollment system. You will receive an email informing you of this approval.
- You may self-enroll in pre-approved courses up to 6 units or 2 classes (whichever is greater) per term on or after your designated enrollment date.
Enroll in Your Courses
- Don't miss your enrollment date/time for the best chance to get into classes.
- Enroll through your student portal, Corsair Connect.
- You can enroll up until when classes start, after which you will need an Instructor Approval Code. Go to our Class Information to learn more.
- Your tuition is FREE*, but you must pay other applicable fees (mandatory health fee: $16-$19 per term; student ID card: $13; parking permit, if needed; books/supplies).
- Buy your books at the SMC Bookstore.
- Attend courses when the term starts. Don't miss the first week!
- You are responsible for all deadlines. This is college and a college transcript will be created.
*Only to California residents who are physically attending school in California. F1/F2 students and other nonresidents must pay full cost.