Common Application Process
There is a new process in order to complete the Common Application (CA) process. There are two main parts to the CA process. First is the portion that must be completed by an academic counselor. The academic counselor chosen would complete this section online with the information obtained from the student. The second part requires a section to be completed by the registrar's office at Santa Monica College. Please follow the steps below to complete the section "to be completed by the registrar's" and feel free to contact the Admissions and Records Office should you have any questions or concerns.
Steps for the Registrar
- Student invites “ SMC Registrar” @ email@example.com (First Name: SMC Last Name: Registrar)
- Student will receive notification that “Registrar” has opted out of the online process in which the student must bring in the hard copy "Transfer Registrar Report "form to Admissions and Records.
- The student must fill in an “Enrollment Verification” request form and will be charged $3 for the completion of the Common Application. The form obtained in step #2 must accompany the enrollment verification request in step #3.
- Upon completion of the CA form, Santa Monica College will mail the completed form to the University indicated on the “Enrollment Verification” form.
- If a student wishes to have the CA form attached to an official transcript, there will be a separate transcript processing fee assessed. The transcript process will start once the Common Application attachment is completed.
For questions or concerns, please send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave a contact number if you wish for someone to return a phone call.