If I drop my class, will I get a "W"?
• The state has approved the removal of a "W" from your transcript, as long you make the drop BEFORE the "Last Day to Withdraw" for that class
Will I get a refund?
• Yes, for the class that was dropped by the deadline (NOTE: the refund will take some time)
• However, if a student remains enrolled in any other class, student services fees (Health, Associated Students, ID Card fee) will NOT be refunded
- Refunds are mailed out via check approximately 4-6 weeks after withdrawing from the class. Be sure that your address is up to date by viewing the Profile & Preferences page located in Corsair Connect. If you are moving out of state you can update your address by contacting Admissions & Records.
Should I drop my class?
• Students are asked to VERY carefully consider if dropping the class is truly in their best interest
• Understandably, tensions and frustrations are high, but do consider potential consequences, such as:
o Financial Aid impact (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
o Reaching your educational goal
o Transferring (contact a counselor first)
o Health Insurance
o Visa status (F-1 students visit www.smc.edu/askiecc)
o Veteran benefits (email: VetsOutreach@smc.edu)
and many others
• Parking refunds should be requested by emailing email@example.com.
What else do I need to know?
• Once dropped, the class will no longer show on your schedule since you will not get a "W". For most intents and purposes, it is like you never enrolled in the class
• Updated information regarding COVID-19 impact and changes can be found at www.smc.edu/coronavirus
SMC is here to help you! Contact Student Services with any questions you may have.