How to Order an Enrollment Verification
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
For Summer Pell Grant purposes, the Financial Aid Office base disbursements on their standard criteria for full time, 3/4 time, and 1/2 time for the regular Fall and Spring semesters.
Enrollment verifications may not be requested until after the first day of the semester.
We may only verify one previous semester of enrollment.
We cannot give grades as part of Enrollment Verification. Please request an official transcript instead.
To qualify for a loan deferment, your enrollment status must be at least 1/2 time.
Enrollment Status is determined as follows:
|Full Time = 12 or more units
||Full Time = 6 or more units
||Full Time = 4 or more units
|3/4 Time = 9-11 units
||3/4 Time = 4-5 units
||3/4 Time = 3 units
|1/2 Time = 6-8 units
||1/2 Time = 3 units
||1/2 Time = 2 units
|Part Time = 1-5 units
||Part Time = 1-2 units
||Part Time = 1 unit
Two Ways to Order an Enrollment Verification
Option 1: Order via Email
- In an effort to exercise social distancing and minimize transmission of COVID-19, SMC has temporarily suspended face-to-face services and instruction. We are currently accepting all verificaiton request via email.
- Download and complete the Verification Request Form
- Email the completed request form, along with any third party paperwork you need completed (if any), to Verification@smc.edu
- Third Party Paperwork must be submitted as a PDF file to be processed, image files will be rejected and you will be asked to be resend in appropriate formatting. You can download third party scanner apps in your smart phone's app store if you do not have access to a scanner.
- Verifications can either be mailed out, or sent electronically via email. The fastest method of delivery is email.
- We are temporarily suspending the $3 processing fee, Verifications will be processed free of charge in 1-3 business days. Enrollment Verification Policies
Enrollment Verification Policies
Enrollment Verification orders will NOT be processed until all outstanding debts and/or holds are cleared.
Verifications can be issued for current, or previous semesters. Santa Monica College cannot verify future term enrollment, even if you are registered and have paid your fees.
Questions about Enrollment Verifications ordered 4 or more weeks earlier can be addressed to (310) 434-3704.
Option 2: Internet Request (Third-Party Request)
Note: Internet ordering accommodates two types of requests: DEGREE VERIFICATIONS (for third party requests) and ENROLLMENT VERIFICATIONS.
Enrollment Verification online request form: Please note that verifications made online through "National Student Clearinghouse" are designed primarily to meet the needs of third-party inquirers. From the National Student Clearinghouse system, the student will only receive an email confirmation of their enrollment which is similar to the information that they can print themselves from "Corsair Connect" (formerly known as the Student Self Service System). The email confirmation is NOT on college letterhead or contains the college seal, which some companies require.
Santa Monica College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications. The National Clearinghouse can be reached at:
National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Blvd., Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171
If you are an employer or background screening firm requesting this information please visit www.studentclearinghouse.org
Online requests are taken 24 hours per day, 365 days per year for a minimal service charge. Requesting Enrollment Verifications through the National Student Clearinghouse will:
Eliminate the need to come to SMC to place your order.
Eliminate the delay created by submitting requests by mail.
Authorize and process your credit card payment.
Facilitate the authorization to release student records, as required by law.
Allow you to submit your request any time day or night.