How to Order an Enrollment Verification
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- For Summer Pell Grant purposes, the Financial Aid Office base disbursements on their standard criteria for full time, 3/4 time, and 1/2 time for the regular Fall and Spring semesters.
- Enrollment verifications may NOT be requested until after the first day of the semester.
- We may only verify one previous semester of enrollment.
- We cannot give grades as part of Enrollment Verification. Please request an official transcript instead.
- To qualify for a LOAN DEFERMENT your enrollment status must be at least 1/2 time.
- We do not email or fax enrollment verification letters.
- Enrollment Status is determined as follows:
|Full Time= 12 or more units
||Full Time= 6 or more units
||Full Time= 4 or more units|
|3/4 Time= 9-11 units
||3/4 Time= 4-5 units
||3/4 Time= 3 units|
|1/2 Time= 6-8 units
||1/2 Time= 3 units
||1/2 Time= 2 units|
|Part Time= 1-5 units
||Part Time= 1-2 units
||Part Time= 1 unit|
There are two ways to order an Enrollment Verification at Santa Monica College:
Option 1: Internet Request
- Note: Internet ordering accommodates two types of requests: DEGREE VERIFICATIONS (for third party requests) and ENROLLMENT VERIFICATIONS.
- Enrollment Verification online request form: Please note that verifications made online through "National Student Clearinghouse" are designed primarily to meet the needs of third-party inquirers. From the National Student Clearinghouse system, the student will only receive an email confirmation of their enrollment which is similar to the information that they can print themselves from "Corsair Connect" (formerly known as the Student Self Service System). The email confirmation is NOT on college letterhead or contains the college seal, which some companies require.
- Santa Monica College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications. The National Clearinghouse can be reached at:
MAIL: National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Blvd., Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171
- If you are an employer or background screening firm requesting this information please visit www.studentclearinghouse.org
- Online requests are taken 24 hours per day, 365 days per year for a minimal service charge. Requesting Enrollment Verifications through the National Student Clearinghouse will:
- Eliminate the need to come to SMC to place your order.
- Eliminate the delay created by submitting requests by mail.
- Authorize and process your credit card payment.
- Facilitate the authorization to release student records, as required by law.
- Allow you to submit your request any time day or night.
Option 2: Order In Person
- In general, students who need verification of their enrollment have a specific need for an official signature and school seal. That can only be obtained by going to the SMC Admissions office in person.
- Enrollment Verifications can be ordered in person, during regular office hours, in the Office of Admissions and Records, located at 1900 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405. If you would like to fill out the request form in advance and bring it in, please also remember that the student must be the one dropping off the request.
- Note: The student must be present and their photo identification is required to order Enrollment Verifications in person.
- In-person orders take significantly longer to process. In person orders for Enrollment Verifications can be mailed or picked up and processed within approximately 2 weeks after receipt of signature authorization.
Questions about Enrollment Verifications ordered 4 or more weeks earlier can be addressed to (310) 434-4577.
ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION POLICIES
Enrollment Verification orders will NOT be processed until all outstanding debts and/or holds are cleared.
Student must be present and picture I.D. is required to order and pick up Enrollment Verifications in person.
NOTE: Enrollment Verifications are held for pick-up for a maximum of 60 days. If they are not picked up within the 60 days they will be destroyed and will not be refunded. A new order and applicable fee will be required.
- Enrollment Verifications cost $3.00 each. A minimal service fee will be added in addition to the aforementioned College fees for internet orders.
- LOAN DEFERMENTS, UNEMPLOYMENT CLAIM FORMS and HOUSING VERIFICATIONS are free.