All enrollment fees are due before classes start. If enrolling late, fees are due the same day of enrollment. If you do not pay by your payment due date, you may be dropped from your classes unless you have been granted a fee postponement or qualify for a fee waiver.
- Winter 2020: Wednesday, December 18 at 7 p.m.
- Spring 2020: Wednesday, January 22 at 7 p.m.
- Summer 2020: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 7 p.m.
- Fall 2020: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 7 p.m.
Fees for SMC Promise students eligible for free tuition will be waived automatically but payment will be posted at the end of the semester. Fee postponements are no longer available.
Paying Your Fees
Online (Credit Card)
Log in to Corsair Connect and click Enrollment Services to pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard).
In-Person (Cash or Check)
Visit the Cashier's Office to pay by cash, money order, cashier's check, or credit card (Visa or MasterCard).
Need Financial Assistance?
Effective summer 2020:
- If you are a continuing student, you must have a ZERO ($0.00) balance in order to enroll in 2020 Summer/Fall courses and beyond.
- Students will NO LONGER be able to self-postpone* fees on Corsair Connect.
- Full payment of enrollment fees will be required before the drop date for the term (about two weeks before the start of the summer term; about four weeks before the start of the fall semester).
- After the initial drop date payment deadline, you will have until midnight of the date you add a class to pay for your fees or your class will be dropped.
- Students must have a $0.00 balance or must have postponed their fees, otherwise, they will be recursively dropped from unpaid courses for non-payment (“last course in, first course out”) until a zero" or positive fund balance is achieved.
- Students are responsible for dropping themselves from courses in a timely manner.
- Third Parth Fee Payments: If a company or organization wishes to pay your fees, contact Veronica Romo at the Cashier's Office for instructions at 310-434-4026.
- Fees may be paid through Corsair Connect by Visa or MasterCard, or in person at the Bursar's Office by cash, money order, or cashiers check, or credit card.
- All fees subject to change.
- Adding or dropping a class after the published refund deadline noted in the student's Corsair Connect portal will result in a full assessment of fees.
*SMC Promise students will be automatically postponed. Some Financial Aid recipients may qualify for a manual postponement. Check with Financial Aid.
Refunds of Tuition and Fees
A refund will be processed automatically and mailed to you within 45 days of the start of the term if you do not owe any other fees to the college. If you owe fees, the college will keep the amount owed and refund you the difference. Make sure your mailing address is up to date to prevent delays from receiving your refund.
Fees owed from any potential refund or financial aid disbursement will be recovered.
Any potential refund to any fees owed for the upcoming term will be automatically transferred.
Students withdrawing before the refund deadline will receive a 100% refund of enrollment fees (minus a processing charge of $10).
Nonresident students must apply for a tuition refund with a Residency Specialist in Admissions & Records.
Cancellation of Classes
In the event that a canceled by the administration here at Santa Monica College, no action needs to be taken by you. A refund will be automatically be processed and mailed within 45 days of the start of the term, provided no other fees are owed to Santa Monica College.
Fee Payment FAQ
What happens if I enroll in a class after the published payment deadline?
Fees for the new class must be paid by midnight of the date when the class was added or you will be automatically dropped. Fees may be paid online on Corsair Connect or at the Cashier's Office.
What if I’m on Financial Aid?
You are responsible for your health fees and ensuring that you have a ZERO BALANCE before the published payment deadlines. Be sure your California College Promise Grant for the new year has been processed well before the payment deadline. You can also apply online for the grant at the same time you enroll. Remember, you must have successfully completed the process prior to the drop deadline. Contact the Financial Aid office for specific information.
How can I tell if I have a zero balance?
Login to Corsair Connect, click on the Enrollment tab, select the term of interest and click "FEES ASSESSED" to see what fees you may still owe for that specific term.
Can I partially pay for my fees?
If paying online, all fees for enrollment must be paid in their entirety. Partial fee payment can happen in person at the Casher's Office, but full payment must be received before the published deadline. If you are enrolling into multiple semesters/sessions online, you cannot just pay for one of the enrolled semesters/sessions. You will be required to pay for all fees online.
What if I’m a Nonresident?
You will be responsible for paying for your enrollment fees and having a zero balance before the published deadlines or you will be dropped from your classes.