Academic & Progress Renewal Changes

  • Students may petition for academic or progress renewal of substandard or withdrawal coursework, which was subsequently repeated at another institution. For more information, visit Academic and Progress Renewal Policy.

  • Students may request to have up to two substandard grades discounted from their SMC GPA if a third enrollment or more in the same course took place during the period of Summer 2007 - Spring 2012 and the resulting grade was an “A”, “B”, “C”, “D”, “F”, “Cr”, “NC”, “P” or “NP”. For more information, visit Exceptions.​