There are two ways to order an official transcript at Santa Monica College:
Option 1: Internet Request
Santa Monica College has partnered with Credentials, Inc. to accept transcript orders via the internet through a secured site. TranscriptPlus® will facilitate your request 24 hours per day, 365 days per year for a minimal service charge. Requesting transcripts through Credentials, Inc. will:
- Eliminate the need to come to SMC to place your order.
- Eliminate the delay created by submitting requests by mail.
- Authorize and process your credit card payment.
- Facilitate the authorization to release student records, as required by law.
- Provide e-mail or fax communication with you while your order is being processed.
- Provide operator assistance from 7:00 a.m. (CST) to 7:00 p.m. (CST) Monday through Thursday and 7:00 a.m. (CST) to 5:00 p.m. (CST) on Friday , by calling 1-800-646-1858 (THIS NUMBER IS FOR TRANSCRIPT ORDERS ONLY. Please contact Admissions at 310-434-4380 for all other matters).
- Allow you to submit your request any time day or night.
Note: Internet ordering accommodates four types of requests:
- Regular Service: which will be mailed out within approximately 10 working days after receipt of signature authorization.
- Rush- Hand Carries: which will be available for pick-up the 3rd business day (Monday - Thursday ONLY), after 1:00pm, AFTER receiving your signed authorization.
- Rush- by Mail: Rush orders to be mailed will be sent out the 3rd business day after receiving your signed authorization.
- FEDERAL EXPRESS option: Using this new option you can keep track of the transcript in route to the destination. Additional fees apply.
Option 2: Order In Person
Transcripts can be ordered in person, during regular office hours, in the Office of Admissions and Records, located at 1900 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405. If you would like to fill out the request form in advance and bring it in, please also remember that the student must be the one dropping off the request.
Note: The student must be present and their photo identification is required to order transcripts in person.
In-person orders take significantly longer to process. In person orders are for transcripts to be mailed ONLY, which will be mailed out within approximately four (4) weeks after receipt of signature authorization.
Questions about transcripts ordered 4 or more weeks earlier can be addressed to (310) 434-4467.
Transcript orders will NOT be processed until all outstanding debts and/or holds are cleared.
In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, records may not be released to a third party without the written, signed authorization of the student.
Student must be present and picture I.D. is required to order and pick up transcripts in person. NOTE: Rush transcripts held for pick-up will be held for a maximum of 30 days. If they are not picked up within the 30 days following the printing of the transcript, they will be destroyed and will not be refunded. A new order and applicable fee will be required.
The first two transcripts (lifetime) a student orders are FREE (only available with in-person orders). These are not available for internet orders through TranscriptPlus®.
Regular service transcripts cost $5.00 each. RUSH transcripts cost $15.00 each (Note: FEDEX orders are only available when ordered online through TranscriptPlus®). A minimal service fee will be added in addition to the aforementioned College fees for internet orders through TranscriptPlus®.
TO CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR ORDER:
Check the status of your transcript order by referencing the following link:
COST OF TRANSCRIPTS:
- The first two copies will remain FREE. Additional copies are $5 per copy.
- RUSH SERVICE is $10 IN ADDITION TO THE REGULAR SERVICE FEE PER COPY (Total $15 per copy).
ADVANCE ORDERS TO BE HELD FOR SEMESTER GRADES OR CHANGES TO TRANSCRIPT:
This option is no longer available. If any changes or updates need to take place on your transcript (ex: you are waiting for grades to post), you must check your unofficial transcript on the Corsair Connect System first before placing your order.
How can I view my unofficial transcripts so I'll know when I'm ready to order my official transcripts?
1. Go to the main Admissions webpage and select the Corsair Connect system link.
2. Enter your SMC ID number and password
3. Click on "Student Records" on the left menu
4. Select "Unofficial Transcript"
5. When ready, put in your request for your official transcripts to be ordered
What if I have not been a student at SMC for awhile and I cannot view my account via the Corsair Connect System?
If you have not been a student at SMC for over 2 semesters, you will need to reapply (update your information on the application). After doing so you will regain access to view your information through the Corsair Connect System.