How do I get a Work Study Job?
· Go to the Student Employment website:
http://www.smc.edu/studentemployment to find a job through SMC.
· After you find a job that interests you, contact the supervisor for an interview. Print out the
Student Employment Application/Contract and Payroll Forms from the SMC website.
· Complete the "Student Section" and take it with you when you meet the potential supervisor of the job.
· If you are hired, you will need to have the supervisor complete the rest of the application/contract.
· You will also need to get a live fingerprint scan done at Campus Police. You can obtain the form at the Financial Aid Office.
· Submit the completed packet of all forms along with your application/ contract, pink copy or proof that you have submitted
a live fingerprint scan and a copy of your signed social security card and drivers license to the Financial Aid Office.
Students can begin working and using their Fall Semester allotment July 15, 2009-if they meet SMC’s enrollment requirements.