Board of Governors (BOG) Enrollment Fee Waiver
California residents may apply for a BOG Fee Waiver by submitting a BOG application, an E-BOG Application or by completing a FAFSA application. BOG waivers begin in the summer semester of each academic year and must be renewed every year.
BOG waivers are awarded for the current term in which the application is submitted and for following terms in the Financial Aid Year. However, BOG Fee Waivers are not awarded “retroactively” to prior terms in the Financial Aid Year. Other fees, for example: parking, student activities, health fee and ID card fees, must be paid by the student.
APPLY FOR E-BOG
Class Fee Semester Waived
Summer, Fall, Winter & Spring
Fall, Winter, & Spring
Winter & Spring
- Click on "Apply for E-BOG" below.
- Enter SMC Student ID and Password into Self-Service System
- Once on the Corsair Connect page select the Enrollment TAB.
- Choose semester
- Then choose from the menu on the left Apply for Board of Governors Fee Waiver.
If eligible, print BOG Signature Page and submit with any requested documentation.
Important ProgramUpdate from the
Fall 2016 BOG Fee Waiver Changes
California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office
In an effort to
help students succeed in the California community colleges,
the Student Success
Act of 2012 (California Senate Bill 1456) was signed into
law by Governor
Brown. Among other aspects, the Act included the creation
of minimum academic
and progress standards that must be met for continued
eligibility for the Board
of Governors Fee Waiver Program (BOGFW).
The Academic and Progress Standards for the BOGFW are:
Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or
Cumulative satisfactory completion of more than 50% of all coursework attempted.
- These standards do not apply to foster youth
(24 years and younger).
- Eligibility to receive support services is not
- Exemption is extended to enrollment priority.
- The 100 total degree-applicable completed unit
cap does not apply to the BOGFW.