Board of Governors (BOG) Enrollment Fee Waiver
California residents and student with AB 540 status may apply for a BOG Fee Waiver by submitting a manual BOG application, an E-BOG Application or by completing a FAFSA application. BOG waivers begin in the summer semester of each academic year and must be renewed every year. BOG waivers are awarded for the current term in which the application is submitted and for following terms in the Financial Aid Year. However, BOG Fee Waivers are not awarded “retroactively” to prior terms in the Financial Aid Year. Other fees, for example: parking, student activities, health fee and ID card fees, must be paid by the student.
||Class Fee Semester Waived|
||Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring|
||Fall, Winter and Spring|
||Winter and Spring|
If you were awarded a BOG fee waiver after you paid for classes, you will receive a refund. Please contact the Bursars Office for all questions regarding refunds at 310-434-4664.
How to Apply for the BOG Manually
Fill out the form below and submit it to the financial aid office:
How to Apply for the BOG Electronically via E-BOG
- Sign into Corsair Connect and select the "ENROLLMENT" tab on the upper right section
- Choose semester
- On the menu to the left, click on "Apply for Board of Governors Fee Waiver"
- If eligible, print BOG Signature Page and submit with any requested documentation
Fall 2016 BOG Fee Waiver Changes
Important Program Update from the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office
In an effort to help students succeed in the California community colleges, the Student Success Act of 2012 (California Senate Bill 1456) was signed into law by Governor Brown. Among other aspects, the Act included the creation of minimum academic and progress standards that must be met for continued eligibility for the Board of Governors Fee Waiver Program.
Board of Governors (BOG) Enrollment Fee Waiver Satisfactory Academic Progress Information
Board of Governors (BOG) Enrollment Fee Waiver academic progress requirements:
- 2.0 GPA
- 50% Completion Rate (CR)
BOG Enrollment Fee Probation BOG Waiver recipient’s academic progress will be assessed after the conclusion of Fall and Spring semesters. It either the GPA or completion rate is lower than the requirement, the student will be placed on BOG Enrollment Fee Waiver Probation. Students will be expected to improve their GPA and/or their completion rate by next academic progress assessment.
- Lack of Progress: If a student has two consecutive semesters (Fall or Spring) failing to meet the GPA and/or completion rate requirements, they will be placed on BOG Fee Waiver Disqualification.
BOG Fee Waiver Reinstatement:
- Next Fall or Spring term
- Exception 1: If student has added a class in next fall or spring term, before being notified of second consecutive lack of progress semester, disqualification is pushed forward to next major (fall or spring term)
- Exception 2: If student has not yet completed 12 units, disqualification is pushed forward to next major (fall or spring term)
- Exception 3: Foster youth and previous foster youth (under age 25) are exempt from disqualification.
- Raise GPA and/or Completion rate
- Student “sits out” two major terms
- Appeal (ED Plan not required at SMC / Electronic Appeal)