Step 1: Apply to SMC Online
You will need an email account to register. You may use your own personal account or an account through a web-vendor such as yahoo (go to www.yahoo.com, click on “Check Email Account” and follow instructions). Once you have an email account and are ready to register online for your SMC classes, log on to the Web and follow the instructions below.
1) Go online and visit the SMC website at www.smc.edu/admissions/application.htm
2) Click on “Launch Online Application”.
3) Read the “System Requirements” section to ensure that your hardware and software supports the registration process. Also, read the “Before you start the application…” to ensure that you have the proper documentation to complete the application process.
4) Click on “Start Application” at the bottom.
5) Keep in mind, for “enrollment status” you will click on “Special Admit, currently enrolled in K-12”. For the residency section, keep in mind that all the questions pertain to your parents since you are under 19 years of age.
6) After you have completed the application (filling in every field), you will be required to review and type your name on the bottom of the page. Once you submit your application, you will receive your SMC ID number. Please print that page for your records.
Step 2: Consent Form
Go to the following link to print a Dual Enrollment Consent/Add Form. Fill it out, sign it, and obtain one of your guardian’s signatures.
Step 3: Registration
Please staple your signed signature page and signed consent form and turn it in on the Dual Enrollment registration day or to your site coordinator.