Your browser does not support JavaScript!
Skip to main content

F-1 Student Forms

All forms listed below are also available at the International Education Center

Forms can be turned in at the IEC with a valid form of Identification.
Forms that require a signature must have a handwritten signature - no electronic signatures are accepted.

Please note that processing times can not be expedited.  All forms and paperwork are processed in the order in which they are received, so turn in your paperwork and requests early!

​Form For Whom?
​Additional Instructions
Check In Form
​New students: complete this form before checking in at the International Education Center when arriving
​All fields on the form are mandatory.  Bring completed form to your check-in date with your I-20, passport, and visa in order to check in faster
I-20 Extension
​Current Students: whose I-20 will soon expire, but you wish to continue studying at Santa Monica College. ​Must submit form no lesss than 30 days before the end date on your I-20.  Follow all instructions as indicated at the top of the form.
Assistance Request
​Current Students: who are out of status and had their I-20 terminated who wish to return to F-1 status and continue at SMC.
​Reinstatement requests will be reviewed by the Reinstatement Committee (allow two weeks for review).  You will be notified via your SMC email.
I-20 Signature/
Replacement Request
​Current students: who are traveling, need an I-20 replacement, changed major or personal information, or have a child and/or spouse coming to the U.S. on an F-2 visa Submit I-20 travel signature requests at least 2 weeks before your departure date. May require additional documentation to be submitted - see form for details.
Letter Request
Current students: who need a letter to verify their status, fees, units, or other requested verifications Form must be completed and signed. There's a $3 fee for each letter/copy requested​ (pay fee at the Bursar's office after receiving payment form from IEC.)
F-1 Student
Withdrawal Form​

​Current Students: who will no longer study as an F-1 student in the U.S. Reasons include terminating or completing studies to depart the U.S. or approval for a change of status  ​Complete and submit to the IEC (email or fax acceptable). Submitting this document means your I-20 will be terminated or completed
​OPT Employment and 
Address Report​
​Current students on Post-Completion OPT: who need to update their employment information and/or U.S. home address or terminate their OPT period ​Submit to the IEC in person, by fax, email, or mail. F-1 rules state that employment and address information must be up-to-date at all times. Unreported employment is counted as unemployment days by Homeland Security. Exceeding 90 days of unemployment is a status violation
Transfer Out Request*
​Current students: who are transferring to a new school Must turn in completed form with an official admissions letter from the new school.

*Please note that during peak times, processing may take additional time due to the high volume processed.