Students admitted to the Intensive English Program must attend an Information Seminar. An IEP Levels Placement test will be administered by the English teachers. Students will be provided information on immigration issues, medical insurance, public safety and take a campus tour. Tuition will be collected at that time. The information seminar fee is $85.
The Intensive ESL Program tuition for the Spring Semester is $3,200. Tuition is payable by cash, money order, cashier’s check, or a California bank check only. There is no payment plan available. Tuition refunds follow Santa Monica College policies for each semester or session. Tuition includes the SMC Health Center fee, Student Association, and the Student Identification Card.
*Tuition and Fees are subject to change without prior notice.
Books will need to be purchased separately in the SMC Bookstore. Please see your ESL instructor before purchasing your books.
Spring Semester 2013
The Intensive English Program will begin on February 11, 2013 and end on June 11, 2013. The Intensive English Program follows the same academic calendar as the regular undergraduate program.
The Intensive ESL Program requires all students to purchase health insurance from Santa Monica College. The cost for the health insurance for the Spring Semester is $492.00 and this includes full medical insurance for one semester and one session.
There are no housing accommodations at Santa Monica College. Available housing information is listed on the international program website. We recommend that you plan to arrive early (3-4 weeks before class starts) to secure proper accommodations.
The following is an estimate of the average monthly living expenses in Santa Monica:
$ 750.00 - $ 1,200.00
Total $1,139.00-$1,601.00 per month
* Estimated living expenses (9 months of study) $13,050.00
To apply to the Intensive ESL Program you must complete the online international student application and the following admission requirements:
· Write a personal essay that describes your reason for applying to Santa Monica College.
· Submit official transcripts, certificates, and diplomas from secondary schooling and from any college/universities attended. If the original language is not English , a certificated English translation must accompany all transcripts, certificates, and diplomas.
· Submit proof of financial support demonstrating you can meet the minimum estimated tuition and living expenses ($26,000 USD).
· Carefully read, sign, and return the "General Requirements for Students Accepted to Santa Monica College".
· Submit a non refundable application fee of $75.
Note: These admission requirements are listed on the
Application Deadline – November 15, 2012.