- SCHOLARSHIP OFFICE HOURS
- Monday through Thursday
8 am- 5pm
8 am- 1pm
SCHOLARSHIP ON-LINE APPLICATION AVAILABLE: MONDAY
OCTOBER 19, 2015
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2016
PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND SCHOLARSHIP WORKSHOPS LISTED IN THE STUDENT SERVICE CALENDAR AND SMC FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP BOOKLET
SANTA MONICA COLLEGE FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP CEREMONY: TBA!
1738 Pearl Street
The Scholarship Office administers the SMC Foundation's annual Scholarship Program.
Provides a single-application procedure for consideration. Distributes approximately $500,000+ in scholarship funds from the Santa Monica College Foundation (an endowment fund that provides proceeds for about 300 different scholarships), service clubs and local organizations, private individuals, and other off-campus scholarships; provides information about scholarship opportunities from outside sources.
Provides informational workshops and application forms for a variety of non-campus based scholarship sources that supports continuing and transferring SMC students; support services to obtain and fill out applications and to submit any required documents.
Scholarships vary from $250-$2,000 per year, and are awarded as a check issued directly to the student.
SMC Financial Aid and Scholarships is currently implementing the new Academic Works E-Scholarship Application system.
The new E-Scholarship application system has many features, including the following:
· Students will complete the SMC Scholarship Application on-line through the SMC E-Scholarship system. No paper application will be required.
· Students will be able to submit their personal statement on-line through E-Scholarship.
· Students can list the names and emails of individuals who will be writing the letters of recommendation.
· Those writing recommendation letters will submit letters electronically through the SMC E-Scholarship system.
· Students will be able to see if their recommendation letters have been submitted and if their application is complete—through E-Scholarship.
· Students can check for additional Foundation scholarships through the SMC system that they are potentially eligible to apply for—by submitting additional essays or materials.
What can you do now?
· Start writing your personal scholarship statement.
· Start contacting teachers, counselors, and others about writing a letter of recommendation; all submissions of required materials is the students responsibility.
SCHOLARSHIP BOOK 2014-2015.pdf
- 12 Units/2.5 GPA
- At time of application submission must be enrolled in 6 (or more) SMC units/and if awarded
- Good academic standing
- No BA/BS Degree
Outside Scholarship Links