Key dates and notes:
June 14, 2012
The Financial Aid Office will begin accepting employment applications for the 2012-2013
STUDENT EMPLOYMENT at SMC
There are two sources of funding: Federal Work Study (FWS) and Student Help (SH).
FWS allocations are part of a student's financial aid package. SH funds are part of a department's budget.
The process for hiring students is essentially the same for both groups of student workers except for the student with FWS must show verification of funds awarded through FWS.
- Complete a REQUEST FOR STUDENT WORKER FORM to post the job on the SMC website.
- Verify that student has current year award letter with FWS allocation.
- Print out all the required forms.
- Inform student of the FERPA training and fingerprinting requirements.
- Student will be contacted by the department once they have received authorization that the student may begin work.
Student Employment Forms 2012-13: Checklist FERPA Training and Confidentiality Memo/Agreement
Employment Application/Contract 2012-13
Federal Withholding W4 Form
CA State Withholding DE4 Form
Student Employee Emergency Info and Warrant Recipient Designation Form
Disclosure of Conviction Record Form
Fingerprint and/or TB Forms to be obtained at the Financial Aid Office
You will need Adobe Reader to open and print the Job Opening Forms and Payroll Forms. If you do not have Adobe Reader, click this box to go to the Adobe website and download the free Adobe Reader software: