Key dates and notes:
June 17, 2013
The Financial Aid Office will begin accepting employment applications for the 2013-2014
For the Winter 2014 semester -
due to the high rate of Federal Work Study
usage in Fall 2013 - the total hours to work
per week for FWS student employees will be
20 instead of the usual 30 hours.
Those students under Student Help will
be able to work 30 hours for the Winter
semester and resume to 20 for Spring 2014.
STUDENT EMPLOYMENT at SMC
There are two sources of funding: Federal Work Study (FWS) and Student Help (SH).
FWS allocations are part of a student's financial aid package. SH funds are part of a department's budget.
The process for hiring students is essentially the same for both groups of student workers except for the student with FWS must show verification of funds awarded through FWS.
- Complete a REQUEST FOR STUDENT WORKER FORM to post the job on the SMC website.
- Verify that student has current year award letter with FWS allocation.
- Print out all the required forms.
- Inform student of the FERPA training and fingerprinting requirements.
- Student will be contacted by the department once they have received authorization that the student may begin work.
Student Employment Forms 2013-2014:
FERPA Training and Confidentiality Memo/Agreement
Employment Application/Contract 2013-14Federal Withholding W4 Form
CA State Withholding DE4 Form
Student Employee Emergency Info and Warrant Recipient Designation Form
Disclosure of Conviction Record Form
Fingerprint and/or TB Forms to be obtained at the Financial Aid Office
You will need Adobe Reader to open and print the Job Opening Forms and Payroll Forms. If you do not have Adobe Reader, click this box to go to the Adobe website and download the free Adobe Reader software: