SMCCD Professional Development Institute
Classified Education Pay Differential Information
Education Pay Differential Guidelines:
- The employee must be a permanent employee
- The employee must have a satisfactory evaluation
- At least one-half of the educational training must be completed during the current employment of the employee and must be above and beyond the certificate, degree, or license requirement(s) which are all or part of the training and experience of the employee's present position
- The certificate or degree must be granted by an institution approved by the American Council on Education
- An authorized licensing board of the State of California must grant the professional license.
- In the case of a certificate or professional license, the educational training must directly relate to the employee's job definition as described in the job specification If you meet all of the applicable criteria, please submit a Request for Educational Pay Differential (see link below) along with an official transcript for degree programs, or the number of semester units or quarter units and the accrediting/licensing agency for certificate and professional licensing programs.
Request for Educational Pay Differential Form: LINK HERE
For additional information or for answers to any questions, please contact:
Monica LaBenda, Professional Development Coordinator, Human Resources