HR FAQs: Employment Application Questions
Can I submit an application for a position not currently open?
- For full time faculty and academic administrator positions, applications are only accepted if the position is advertised as open. See: www.jobs.smc.edu for open positions.
- For classified positions, applications are only accepted if the position is advertised as open. See: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/smc/default.cfm
- For part-time positions, see the online Employment Opportunities section of the SMC website.
Can I fax in my application?
- No. All applications for faculty and academic administrative positions must be submitted online at www.jobs.smc.edu.
- All other applications must be submitted online through the Personnel Commission’s online application website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/smc/default.cfm.
How can I check to see if my application is complete?
- You can check online to determine the status of your application; for faculty and academic administrative positions at www.jobs.smc.edu; and for all other positions, at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/smc/default.cfm.