Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In
SMC|Human Resources|Human Resources Department|HR FAQs: Miscellaneous

HR FAQs: Miscellaneous


Can my supervisor fill out a change of address form for me, if they are aware that I have moved?

  1. No, all employees should fill out their own form and give an original signature with their social security number of employee ID number.


Where do I go if I have not received my check?

  1. For all employees, contact your Payroll Specialist, located on the 3rd floor at 2714 Pico Blvd.


Where can I download a form needed by the Office of Human Resources?

  1. All forms are available online at the Office of Human Resources website, under the Documents and Forms section.


How can I find out how many paid vacation and sick days I have?

  1. You may contact your Department Chair and/or your respective Payroll Specialist assigned responsibility for your department.


When can I take advantage of free SMC classes?

  1. As soon as you being your employment with SMC. Classified permanent employees (non management) are able to attend regular SMC classes for free. Just take your employee ID to the Admissions and Records Office and they will waive your tuition.


How can I review my personnel file?

  1. By law, you are allowed to review your personnel file. Contact the Office of Human Resources to arrange a mutually agreeable date for the review.