Santa Monica College Professional Development's goal is to provide training and professional guidance to strengthen and support a dynamic learning and working environment in alignment with SMC core values of intellectual inquiry, research-based planning and evaluation, democratic processes, communication and collegiality, global awareness, and sustainability.
In support of the Master Plan for Education, the Mission of Santa Monica College’s Professional Development is to strengthen and support a dynamic learning and working environment enriched by diversity that promotes personal, professional, and organizational development for all employees.
Below are the links to Professional Development Opportunities by employee groups:
Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Working at Santa Monica College is qualifying employment for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
To qualify, you must:
- Work for a government agency or for certain types of nonprofit organizations (Santa Monica College qualifies)
- Work full-time (at least 30 hours per week)*
- Have Direct Loans (or consolidate other federal loans to qualify)
- Repay your loans on an income-driven repayment plan
- Make 120 qualifying payments (over the span of 10 years)
*if part-time faculty, complete the public service loan forgiveness calculator which will accompany the certification form.
Submit certification forms to email@example.com or to Human Resources: attn Professional Development
SB 1343 - Harassement Training for Non-supervisory personnel
SB 778 - Harassement Training for Supervisory personnel
For additional information or questions, please contact
Office of Human Resources
(310) 434-4415 / ProfDevelopment@smc.edu