HR FAQs: Salary Questions
What should I do when there is a garnishment of my wages?
- Contact the Payroll Manager/Supervisor, Ian Fraser, 310.434.4323 or via email, Fraser_Ian@smc.edu.
Where do I go if I have not received my check?
- For all employees, contact your Payroll Specialist, located on the 3rd floor at 2714 Pico Blvd.
If I sign up for Direct Deposit, how will I know what gets deposited into my account?
- If you are a permanent or contract employee, your check stubs will be delivered to your department. If you are a temporary or adjunct employee your check stub will be sent to your address of record.
See Direct Deposit Fact Sheet
Why do I have to submit another form for my direct deposit continuation if I already gave a voided check and New Direct Deposit form to start my direct deposit?
- For Part-time Faculty Members: Assignments are set up in the system with a termination date. Your direct deposit instruction terminates on the completion date of each and every semester you work at SMC.
- The Office of Human Resources cannot automatically renew your direct deposit from semester to semester. By law, the District must be notified in writing that you want to reinstate/continue your direct deposit. Therefore, in order to avoid interruption of your direct deposit election, you are required to submit the Continue/Reinstate Direct Deposit Form each semester you have an active assignment.
- For example: if you are returning to SMC during the Spring 2011 session, the form must be submitted to Human Resources by the end of the Winter session.
- See Direct Deposit Fact Sheet