Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In
SMC|Human Resources|Human Resources Department|HR FAQs: Salary Questions

HR FAQs: Salary Questions


What should I do when there is a garnishment of my wages?

  1. Contact the Payroll Manager/Supervisor, Ian Fraser, 310.434.4323 or via  email,


Where do I go if I have not received my check?

  1. For all employees, contact your Payroll Specialist, located on the 3rd floor at 2714 Pico Blvd.


  If I sign up for Direct Deposit, how will I know what gets deposited into my  account?

  1. If you are a permanent or contract employee, your check stubs will be  delivered to your department. If you are a temporary or adjunct employee your check stub will be sent to your address of record.

      See Direct Deposit Fact Sheet


Why do I have to submit another form for my direct deposit continuation if I already gave a voided check and New Direct Deposit form to start my direct deposit?

  1. For Part-time Faculty Members: Assignments are set up in the system with   a termination date. Your direct deposit instruction terminates on the completion date of each and every semester you work at SMC.
    • The Office of Human Resources cannot automatically renew your direct deposit from semester to semester. By law, the District must be notified in writing that you want to reinstate/continue your direct deposit. Therefore, in order to avoid interruption of your direct deposit election, you are required to submit the Continue/Reinstate Direct Deposit Form each semester you have an active assignment.
      1. For example: if you are returning to SMC during the Spring 2011 session, the form must be submitted to Human Resources by the end of the Winter session.
      2. See Direct Deposit Fact Sheet