HR FAQs: Student, Non-Merit & Temporary (Limited Term) Employees
Are temporary and non-merit employees issued ID Cards?
- No, temporary employees are not issued ID cards.
What is the difference between a Limited Term employee and a Provisional employee?
- Limited Term: employees hired to perform duties not expected to exceed 6 months in one Fiscal Year or positions established to replace temporarily absent employees; all appointments are made from eligibility lists or former employees in good standing.
- Provisional: employees (individuals who are not hired from an eligibility list) may work 90 days. After 90 days, they must have a 90 day break. If they return in the same fiscal year after the break they can work a maximum of 36 more days in that fiscal year.
For Limited Term employees, after their 6 month assignment, are they required to take a mandatory break in service?
- Yes. Limited Term employees are limited to 6 consecutive months in 1 fiscal year.
What should I do when there is a garnishment of my wages?
- Please contact a Human Resources Specialist if you have questions in regards to a wage garnishment.
Are temporary and non-merit employees eligible to receive a tuition discount?
- Tuition discounts are for permanent, classified employees only.
What is the procedure for withdrawing LARISA money?
- Please contact a Human Resources Specialist or a Payroll Specialist regarding withdrawal of funds and to obtain the appropriate paperwork to make the request.
Where do I take my paperwork for student employment?
- Student workers (under Federal Work Study or not), must take their paperwork to the Financial Aid office on the main campus for processing. The Financial Aid office telephone number is 310.434.4235.
How do I make an official address change?
- Student employees should go to Admissions and Records, and the Office of Human Resources. Temporary classified and Non-merit employees should either download the form from the HR website or come to HR, located at 2714 Pico Blvd., 2nd floor to fill out the Change of Address form.