Posted job announcements and application for temporary positions can be accessed on
Applications for open positions are available online as well as by calling
- The Personnel Commission at 310.434.4410
- 24 Hour Job Line 310.434.4321
Definitions of Temporary Positions
- Limited Term: Positions established to perform duties not expected to exceed 6 months in a Fiscal Year or positions established to replace temporarily absent employees; all appointments are made from eligibility lists or former employees in good standing.
- Provisional: Temporary personnel who meet minimum qualifications and are assigned to work 90 working days and who have not come from an eligibility list.
- Substitute - Limited Term: Positions established to replace temporarily absent employees. Substitute limited-term appointments may be made for the duration of the absence of a regular employee but need not be for the full duration of the absence.
Please visit the Benefits & Employee Resources site for additional information on campus resources, health benefits, labor relations, professional development, salary ranges, etc.
SMC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. SMC is committed to providing an equal opportunity for employment regardless of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition, or disability in accordance with Federal, state, and local regulations.