Santa Monica College is home to a diverse population of students who strive to be conscious of their impact on our world.
The Civic Engagement Program is working towards creating a society that gives back to its community and helps improve our world. By connecting to our students to local organizations, we hope to fulfill that duty.
To promote community service and social responsibility by partnering with neighboring institutions and providing volunteers to assist with their existing programs;
To increase volunteer opportunities and to encourage Santa Monica students to be actively involved in supporting their communities;
To act as a resource for students and the public to find ways for volunteering; and
To inspire a love for life-long learning and foster friendly community relations within the SMC student body and the public
HOW TO GET STARTED
1. Complete the CEP Volunteer Application.
2. Contact a volunteer site to register for service.
3. Complete and return the Volunteer Tracking Form. Hours not verified by an on-site supervisor/designee, by the deadline date, will not be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS. The CEP Program has final approval of all hours submitted.
Group Service (as a Club)
1. Speak with your club advisor to identify volunteer opportunities. At least 50% of the hours must be completed at an approved CEP volunteer organization. The CEP Directory will be distributed at the orientation meeting.
2. Your club officer will report volunteer club service hours by the semester deadline.
COMING SOON FORMS AND DOCUMENTS:
Guidelines for Participation
Volunteer Tracking Form (Individuals)
Volunteer Tracking Form (Clubs)
Suggest Your Organization Form
Orientation Meetings (TBA)