Program Requirements for Fall 2017
All Black Collegians Program participants need to meet the following criteria each semester during the 2017 academic year:
1) Meet with a Black Collegians Program counselor at least twice each semester.
Students are allowed one meeting with a non-Black Collegians counselor to fulfill one counseling contact. It is the student's responsibility to provide a signed educational plan from a meeting with a non-Black Collegians counselor in order to meet the counseling contact requirement.
Counseling sessions must be at least thirty minutes to discuss academic planning and/or personal issues. Quick questions and brief drop-in sessions will not count as a full counseling session. Drop-in counseling during the Summer and Winter sessions will count as a counseling session if the student is completing the Black Collegians program admission process.
2) Attend a minimum of three program activities. Program activities include:
- Black Collegians Workshops—these activities are held on Thursdays from 11:15 a.m. to 12:35 p.m. during the Spring and Fall semesters. Workshops focus a variety of topics which include discussions on African-American community and transfer information to promote personal empowerment and academic preparation. For workshop room locations please visit the “Upcoming Events” section on our website.
- Black Collegians Club (BCC) Meetings—these meetings are held on Tuesdays from 11:15 a.m. to 12:35 p.m. (Location TBA). For more information about our club please visit the "Black Collegians Club" section on our website.
- Field Trips – these activities focus on cultural and academic growth and include trips to 4 year universities and transfer conferences.
2017 DATES TO MEET PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
To meet requirements for Fall 2017: Have two counseling sessions and participate in three activities between June 19th, 2017 and December 8th, 2017