- Academic, career, and personal counseling. (Photo below of Mr. Baccus counseling a student.)
- Assisting in the development of students’ skills that are necessary for college success.
- Educational and cultural activities in which students can participate.
- Teaching students to develop a life plan that involves personal, social and academic responsibilities.
- A selection of general education courses that are transferable to the UC and CSU systems as well as pre-collegiate level courses in English and math.
- Scholarships to active participants.
Activities Designed For You!
- We have a variety of workshops to help build your academic skills and to provide information on various campus and community resources. We also provide interesting and fun discussion groups that focus on issues related to African descent students. Workshops will be held in various locations on Thursdays during the Fall 2013 semester. Emails are sent to Program participants with weekly workshop locations.
- We also have the Black Collegians Club which is designed to provide students with the opportunity to interact socially, perform community service activities, and provide encouragement to help you get through college. The Black Collegians Club meets every Tuesday during the Fall and Spring semesters from 11:15 am to 12:35 pm once they are installed. Club meetings will be held in LS 101 every Tuesday during the Fall 2013 semester.