Many employers from a variety of industries are interested in SMC students as they look to hire for entry-level positions. There are three main ways job openings are communicated with our students.
Internship & Job Fair: Tuesday, September 11
10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Quad
Employer registration- Registration closes Friday, August 31
STUDENTS: to see the list of employers coming and find workshops to prepare for the fair:
Preparation Tips for employers:
- Students that attend the fair are primarily interested in Internships and Part-time employment.
- Full time positions are best recruited for on our Job Portal smc.edu/hireSMC.
- We recommend having:
- At least 200 copies of any handouts you have for students.
- Prominent signage to promote your company and the opportunities available.
- We recommend having 2 recruiters present.
- Students are eligible to enroll in internships during the semester:
- Fall semester dates: 8/27/18 - 12/18/2018
- Winter semester dates: 1/2/19 - 2/7/2019
Additional information regarding hosting an intern can be found on smc.edu/internships
www.smc.edu/hiresmc is a free searchable employer database called College Central. The service is like Indeed.com or LinkedIn, but for employers seeking to work with Santa Monica College students. The following opportunities can be found on this website: off-campus jobs, internships, and on-campus jobs.
Job seekers can access this portal via the website above or on their phones and other mobile devices by downloading the College Central App.
Students registered can opt-in to be notified about Upcoming On-Campus Recruitments. Before applying for jobs, students should review Employment Requirements.
Employers registered can also opt-in to be notified about Upcoming On-Campus Recruitments. Helpful information for employers: How to Post a Job on College Central and Internship Requirements.
Careers Fall Speakers' Forum
Monday, November 5 – Friday, November 16
Interested parties must respond by Friday, September 14.
For more information, Contact Career Services (310) 434-4337.