Finding Internship Opportunities
Like Finding a Job...Only Easier!
Internships are similar to jobs in that you must look for opportunities and apply for them as you would a job. It is often easier to obtain an internship, since the employer is not making a long-term commitment to an intern and will usually not be as selective in choosing an intern.
If you want to look for internships or jobs through Santa Monica College's database, please click on the SMC Jobs4U button (www.smc.edu/jobs4u) and complete the registration. Once registered, you will be able to view hundreds of listings meant for SMC students.
In addition, the Internship Program staff are available to help you find an internship. Come to the Counseling Village, just east of the bicycle park on Pearl Street, or call 310-434-4337.
Do you need help finding an internship? Come visit us during our drop-in hours:
||2:30 - 4:30 p.m.|
||10 a.m. - noon|
||3 - 4:30 p.m.|
||10 a.m. - noon|
Internships are Available in Many Fields...
Business: Management & Administration, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Sales, Computers, and others.
Other Fields: Graphics, Entertainment, Art, Journalism & Writing, Public Relations, Government, Tourism & Leisure Services, Social Welfare, Health, Science, and more!
Other resources for finding internships...
- Internship Listing Websites: Opportunities are found on websites devoted to internships and jobs. Check on www.google.com.
- Company Websites: Look up specific company websites on the Internet.
- Direct Company Contact: Telephone or go in-person to companies to ask about internships.
- Networking: Ask friends and acquaintances for leads to people working in companies of interest to you.
- Library Databases: These resources may be used to find companies to call.
- Ask Us: Internship Program staff will be glad to help.