#1 STEPS BEFORE YOU SIGN UP FOR CLASSES – A CHECKLIST
If you are certain that you wish to attend Santa Monica College, please follow this checklist carefully.
1. Complete online application at www.smc.edu
. Click on Admissions (top left), click on Apply (under steps to enroll, right of screen). For assistance you may visit the Welcome Center next to the cafeteria.
2. Schedule an appointment with a Disabled Student Center counselor either in person (SSC 101A) or by calling (310) 434-4265. Online orientation and placement testing should be completed prior to appointment time.
3. You MUST complete the on-line orientation at http://www.smc.edu/orient/
before you are allowed to proceed with enrollment. **Allow 90 minutes to complete.
4. Complete the English/Math placement test in Liberal Arts Building, Room 109. No appt necessary. Bring your SMC ID number and picture I.D. with you. Preparation for the English and math assessment is strongly recommended. Sample tests can be found at: www.smc.edu/assessment
. Click on Tests and Services menu option on the left side.
5. Review the schedule of classes carefully to see what classes you may be interested in taking. The schedule may be purchased in the bookstore and is available online at www.smc.edu
. Click on Class Schedules (on the top bar of page).
6. Bring medical information with a diagnosis or a three year high school IEP to verify your disability and your placement scores to your first appointment with a DSPS counselor.
7. To learn your priority date and add classes, go to SMC website, www.smc.edu
. Click on Corsair Connect (top of page). You will need to change your password; first put in your six digit birth date as your current password, then follow instructions to create a new password. You will use Corsair Connect to add classes. Discuss priority enrollment date with your SMC counselor.
Since classes fill up quickly, be sure to sign up for classes on your priority date.
8. Complete FAFSA application and/or California College Promise Grant and return to Financial Aid office in Administration Building. Bring income verification to Financial Aid Office.
9. Please let us know if you are a consumer of the Department of Rehabilitation.
10. If necessary, make another appointment with your Disabled Student Center counselor for additional assistance in finalizing your schedule prior to signing up for classes.
11. Check in daily with Corsair Connect for updates and important information.
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: If you will still be in high school while attending SMC, you need information regarding your enrollment process. See “High School concurrent” on the Admissions webpage.