The mission of EOPS (Extended Opportunity Programs and Services) is to assist eligible Santa Monica College students who have historically experienced economic and educational challenges.
To increase access, retention and goal completion, EOPS provides the following services:
Academic, career, personal and transfer counseling
Supplemental textbook assistance
Educational, transfer and career development workshops
Educational and cultural activities
College field trips
Application fee waivers to four-year institutions
And much more!
Be a resident of California, or qualify for the AB540 exemption waiver.
Be educationally disadvantaged through one or more of the following criteria:
NOT eligible for Math 20 and/or English 1, according to SMC assessment scores
NOT a high school graduate nor completed the GED
Have a high school GPA below 2.5
Been previously enrolled in remedial courses in high school and/or college
Be an emancipated foster youth (former foster care youth)
Be a first generation college student
Be a non-native English speaker
Apply and receive a California College Promise Grant, Method A or B.
Have full-time enrollment (12+ units) at the time of application in a program leading towards a career/technical certificate, associate degree or transfer to a four-year institution.
Have less than 45 associate degree-applicable units from all colleges attended.
Be in good academic standing.
We welcome you to apply for EOPS during open application times if you meet the eligibility criteria above. Just follow these three easy steps and you'll be on your way:
Apply for and receive the California College Promise Grant (Method A or B).
Complete the Math and English assessment tests.
Complete and submit the online EOPS application (info below). If you have attended another college, please submit an official transcript for every college attended to the SMC Admissions Office.
The application period to enter EOPS/CARE for Fall 2018 is June 4 – September 7, 2018.
1. Log in to Corsair Connect.
2. On the home page, Click "EOPS/CARE" from the menu on the left hand side.
3. Click "EOPS Application." When the application opens, read the instructions on the first page. Click "Next" at the bottom of the page.
4. Complete the application making sure you enter all the information requested.
5. You must sign the application! Click the signature line in the middle of the last page. A pop-up will open where you can use your mouse like a pen to sign the document. Click "Save."
6. After you have signed the application, click "Submit" next to your signature. The application will then be electronically sent to the EOPS/CARE staff member to process. You will get a message stating your application was submitted. You can now close the application by closing the browser.
7. Application decisions will be sent to your SMC email account starting in July 2018 to begin the program in Fall.
8. If you have any difficulties, please contact the EOPS office at (310) 434-4268.
Applicants will be notified through the Santa Monica College student email system, after July, of their acceptance or denial into the program. Students accepted into EOPS will be required to attend an EOPS orientation in order to receive services.
For more information or questions about EOPS eligibility or the application, please contact:
EOPS Senior Student Services Specialist