International Students Required to Have Insurance

International Students or F1 visa student are required to have insurance coverage while attending Santa Monica College. In addition, there is also a mandatory health fee for each semester.

The F1 visa student's insurance is known as Relation Insurance. Learn more in this PowerPoint presentationSMC Relation Insurance

For more information, visit FAQ or IEC Health Insurance.

You can also down load this app to gain access to your insurance card, referrals, and other pertinent information.  Go to the App store and down load: relationgo app. Proceed to create an account and follow the leads. 

Relations Insurance Contact

Local Representative

Kari Mendoza
12121 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1001, Los Angeles, California 90025
Phone: (310) 566-2065
Fax: (310) 394-0142

Relation Insurance Services
Phone: 800-537-1777 
Located at International Education Counseling

Claims and Bills

Personal Insurance Administrators, Inc.
P.O.Box 6040
Agoura Hills, CA 91376-6040
Questions about claim status: (800) 468-4343 

Underwritten By

National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa.
70 Pine Street
New York, NY 10270