A network of faculty, students, classes and essential services. Our goal is to promote Latino student success by providing a wide range of bilingual services which include:
Academic, vocational and personal counseling
Financial aid/scholarship information
Access to Counseling Complex Computer Lab
Tutoring in Math and English
We are located in the Counseling Complex, Mon 8:30-5pm, Tues 8:30-7pm, Wed 8-7:00pm, Thurs 8:30-5pm, Fri 8:30-1:30pm
Call to schedule an appointment at (310) 434-4459. Office staff, counselors and tutors are located in the Counseling Complex.
The Counseling Complex is also home to the African American Collegian Center, Pico Promise and the Transfer Center. All collaborate to offer students a variety of services. You are welcome to explore the services of all the centers
For Faculty & Staff
We welcome the opportunity to collaborate with faculty & staff on projects/activities related to the advancement of Latino or other historically underrepresented student populations.
Past collaboration has included:
- In-class presentations about Latino Center & Counseling Department services
- Consultation regarding individual students about whom classroom faculty are concerned
- Announcement of activities/opportunities of interest to the general Latino student population
- Collaboration on in-class assignments or activities targeting retention, transfer or
- Other advancement/development of Latino students
- Providing brochures and bilingual flyers concerning Latino Center programs & services
- Staffing assistance for special activities or events
Please contact the Latino Center to discuss your interest.