The Pico Promise Program (PPP) is a joint partnership between Santa Monica College and the City of Santa Monica. Pico Promise is designed to meet the needs of the underserved, under-represented youth living in close proximity to the College. The program assists and motivates young residents of the Pico neighborhood to purseue postsecondary activities leading to degrees, certificates, transfer to a 4-year university, and/or employment.
Who can apply?
You are eligible for the Pico Promise Program if you:
- Are 17-24 years old
- Graduated from Santa Monica High School or Olympic High School
- Must have placed into pre-college Math or English
- Have financial need as verified by FAFSA
- Complete a PPP application
What does the program offer?
- Academic, career, and wellness counseling
- Assistance with enrollment and priority registration
- Assistance with FAFSA and scholarship search
- Textbook vouchers
How can I apply?
(1) You must attend an Information Session, please call (310) 434-4926 to schedule.
(2) Complete an application packet and turn in your packet with the completed application with additional forms and documents as soon as possible to the Pico Promise Office in the Counseling Complex.
For more information about Pico Promise, please contact the office at (310) 434-4926.
The Pico Promise Program Staff:
Audrey Sandoval, Ph.D., Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org (310) 434-4915
Rocio Menendez-Mata, Counselor Menendezmata_rocio@smc.edu (310) 434-8556
Marisol Aguilar, Counselor Aguilar_Marisol@smc.edu (310) 434-4926
Gabriella Corona, Counselor Corona_Gabriela@smc.edu (310) 434-4926