Pico Promise Transfer Academy
The Pico Promise Transfer Academy (PPTA) is a joint partnership between Santa Monica College and the City of Santa Monica. The Pico Promise Transfer Academy is designed to meet the needs of the underserved, under-represented youth living in close proximity to the College. The program assists and motivates young residents of the Pico neighborhood to transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor's degree (BA, BS). PPTA is sponsored by the City of Santa Monica and Santa Monica College.
Who can apply?
You are eligible for the Pico Promise Transfer Academy if you:
- Are 16-24 years old
- Attended Santa Monica High School, Olympic High School, and/or Malibu High School; or live in the City of Santa Monica
- Have financial need as verified by FAFSA
- Complete a PPTA application
What does the program offer?
- Academic, career, and wellness counseling
- Assistance with enrollment and early registration
- Supplemental instruction
- Assistance with FAFSA
- Help with buying textbooks and supplies
- College visits
How can I apply?
(1) You must attend an Information Session, please call (310) 434-4926 to schedule.
(2) Please turn in your packet with the completed application, additional forms and documents as soon as possible to the Pico desk in the Counseling Complex.
For more information about Pico Promise Transfer Academy, please contact the PPTA office at
The Pico Promise Transfer Academy Staff:
Dr. Roberto Gonzalez, Associate Dean Gonzalez_Roberto@smc.edu (310) 434-4915
Aimee Lem, Counselor Lem_Aimee@smc.edu (310) 434-4138
Maria Becerra, Counselor Becerra_Maria@smc.edu (310) 434-8478
Jeanette Ciciora, Student Services Clerk Ciciora_Jeanette@smc.edu (310) 434-4926