Pico Promise Transfer Academy
The Pico Promise Transfer Academy (PPTA) is a joint partnership between Santa Monica College and the City of Santa Monica. The Pico Promise Transfer Academy is designed to meet the needs of the underserved, under-represented youth living in close proximity to the College. The program assists and motivates young residents of the Pico neighborhood to transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor's degree (BA, BS).
Who can apply?
You are eligible for the Pico Promise Transfer Academy if you:
- Are 17-24 years old
- Graduated from Santa Monica High School, Olympic High School, and/or Malibu High School; or live in the City of Santa Monica
- Must have placed into pre-college Math or English
- Have an educational goal of transferring to a university
- Have financial need as verified by FAFSA
- Complete a PPTA application
What does the program offer?
- Academic, career, and wellness counseling
- Assistance with enrollment and early registration
- Supplemental instruction
- Assistance with FAFSA and scholarship search
- Textbook vouchers
- Northern and Southern California College tours
How can I apply?
(1) You must attend an Information Session, please call (310) 434-4926 to schedule.
(2) Please turn in your packet with the completed application, additional forms and documents as soon as possible to the Pico desk in the Counseling Complex.
For more information about Pico Promise Transfer Academy, please contact the PPTA office at
The Pico Promise Transfer Academy Staff:
Roberto Gonzalez, Ed.D., Dean Gonzalez_Roberto@smc.edu (310) 434-4912
Rocio Menendez-Mata, Counselor Menendezmata_rocio@smc.edu (310) 434-8556
Marisol Aguilar, Counselor Aguilar_Marisol@smc.edu (310) 434-4926
Gabriella Corona, Counselor Corona_Gabriela@smc.edu (310) 434-8556
Jeanette Ciciora, Student Services Clerk Ciciora_Jeanette@smc.edu (310) 434-4926