The Scholars Program is now accepting applications for Winter/Spring 2015 admissions. The deadline for submitting complete application packets is January 7, 2015.
Submit ALL of the following four items along with a completed Scholars Program Application Form by the deadline listed on the application form. Application packets missing the required documents/materials will not be processed. (NOTE:A Scholars Program application is separate from
the Santa Monica College Admissions Application.)
1. Provide transcripts showing the minimum requirement of a 3.0 GPA. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. Students who have completed 30+ college units may not eligible for the Scholars Program.
- Freshmen students with no college work (in progress or completed) must submit high school transcripts covering 9th through 12th grade.
- Freshmen students currently enrolled in 11 or less college units must submit high school (9th - 12th) and college transcripts AND grade check forms for courses in progress.
- Freshmen students currently enrolled in 12 college units must submit grade check forms for each course.
- Freshmen students who do not have a full high school transcript but have passed the High School Proficiency Examination will need to submit a copy of their CHSPE certificate AND a copy of their high school transcripts covering each grade completed.
- Continuing students must submit a copy of their SMC transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Continuing students who have previously attended other colleges or universities must submit transcripts for all colleges attended. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. (Note: Admissions policies require students to declare all colleges attended. Failure to do so will jeopardize a student's transfer status.)
International Students/Foreign Records
- International students with foreign academic records must complete 12 college units at a U.S. institution before applying.
2. Provide proof of English 1 eligibility. Eligibility may be demonstrated with proof of any of the following:
- SMC Placement Test
- AP Test score of 3 or greater (English Lit/Comp or English Lang.)
- Completion of an appropriate English 1 prerequisite course. (Note: If you have already completed English 1, you only need to submit your college transcript indicating your completion of the course.)
3. Supply one letter of recommendation from an instructor or counselor. The letter should be from someone who can comment on the applicant's work ethic and academic ability.
4. Provide a 500-word essay. Tell us who you were, who you are and who you would like to be.
Questions regarding the application procedure may be directed to the Scholars Program office at 310-434-4371 or email@example.com.