The Santa Monica College campus has announced new actions to help limit coronavirus (COVID-19). As local, national and global public health recommendations shift to include mitigation of transmission, the campus is proactively taking steps to help protect our community. Effective immediately, many campus operations are being suspended and/or modified. We realize that these steps are extremely disruptive but we ask for your patience and flexibility during these uncertain times.
In complying with this directive, the Scholars Program Office will be closed for walk-in services and for in-person counseling appointments until further notice.
Current/Continuing Scholars Program Students
How will I meet with my counselor if the office is closed?
The Scholars counselor will call you at your appointment time using the phone number on file in your student portal. Please make sure that your phone number is correct in Corsair Connect. Need to change your phone number? Please refer to the following instructions:
- Log into your Corsair Connect
- Click on the "Enrollment" tab in the upper right corner of the screen
- Click on "Profile/Preferences" in the left margin
- Make appropriate changes on the screen (phone, address, etc.)
- Click on "Submit Changes" bottom left of the screen
You should also make sure that your cell phone allows blocked/unknown callers at this time. If you are not able to answer at your scheduled appointment time, you will need to reschedule for another time.
Need to make an appointment with a Scholars Counselor?
We have reestablished our online counseling appointment system. Log into your Corsair Connect:
- click on "Book a Counseling Appointment" (left-hand margin)
- select "Scholars" from drop-down menu under Program/Area (this will only be available for current Scholars Program students)
- select a time/counselor that works for you and click on the Reserve Appointment box.
- An email confirmation will be sent to your SMC student email account
In an effort to accommodate as many of our students as possible, we can only allow one appointment per week.
Have a quick question for a Scholars Counselor?
Drop-in times have been established for our current Scholars students who have quick questions that do not require full appointments, between the hours of 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. Monday through Thursday (remember, these are intended for 5-10 minute questions). You will need to review download instructions to use the QLess App OR simply use the link below to join the queue online:
Join QLess Line
- Add yourself to the "line" for a 5-10 minute session
- We'll send you a text message to alert you when we are ready
- We'll call you at the number provided
Prospective Scholars Program Students
Applying to the Scholars Program for Summer/Fall 2020?
Scholars Applications are electronic and available on our website. Please refer to this page to receive updated information regarding our modified application procedures.
Not sure the Scholars Program is right for you and need more information? Find out about the program by attending an Information Session.
Information Sessions have been scheduled for Spring term and available on our website. Please refer to this page to receive updated information regarding our modified Information Session format.
Non-counseling questions and/or questions regarding the program may be directed to:
Scholars@smc.edu or (310) 434-4371 (8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Monday – Friday). Please leave a message with your contact information and we will return your call.
Phone: (310) 434-4371
Location: Student Services Center (SSC) 2nd Floor Room 287 Map