Department Certificates are designed for individuals seeking very short-term education and training in preparation for work. Department Certificates have fewer than 18 units of coursework required, focus on a specific career area, and do not include General Education or elective classes.
At least 50% of the units required for Department Certificates must be completed at Santa Monica College.
Students must receive a grade of C or higher in each course to successfully complete the Department Certificate.
- Academy of Entertainment & Technology
- Introductory Automotive Technician
- Digital Publishing (formerly Desktop Publishing)
- Website Creator
- Website Development Management
- Word Processing
- Computer Science
- Computer Programming
- Information Systems Management
- Mobile Apps Development - Android (new)
- Mobile Apps Development - iPhone (new)
- Robotics and Artificial Intelligence - This program is temporarily suspended. Many of the required classes are not being offered at this time. If you are interested in this program, contact the Computer Science department at (310) 434-4295.
- Nail Care
- Salon Business
- Skin Care
- Teacher Training - This program is temporarily suspended. Many of the required classes are not being offered at this time. If you are interested in this program, contact the Computer Science department at (310) 434-4295.
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Education Core
- Graphic Design
- Interior Architectural Design
- Digital Production & Design
- Set Design & Art Direction for Film & TV
- Office Technology (formerly Office Information Systems)
- Clerical/Data Entry
- Medical Coding and Billing Specialist
- Medical Records Clerk/Receptionist
- Medical Transcription
- Word Processing
- Recycling & Zero Waste