Completion of major requirements does not satisfy all admission requirements. Please consult the links to specific campuses under "Transfer Opportunities" to get additional admission information.


Many colleges/universities offer baccalaureate degrees in this field. Students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university should complete the lower-division major requirements and the general education pattern for the specific transfer institution. SMC has articulation agreements with the many UC and CSU campuses, as well as several private and out-of-state institutions. 

The University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU)

Exact major requirements for UC and CSU campuses can be found online at

The University of California System Transfer Pathway

For information about UC campuses that offer a Transfer Pathway visit

Local Private Colleges and Universities

A listing of private, non-profit California colleges and universities can be found online at For articulation agreements between SMC and some of these institutions see