College Application Deadlines
Extended Application Deadlines
- East Bay
- Spring 2020 Admission: Application period August 1 - 31, 2019
- We encourage students who want individual assistance with the application or who have other questions to contact our Welcome Center weekdays at 510-885-2556 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We also have a drop-in application station at the center for in-person support.
- Los Angeles - Downtown campus
- New Bachelor of Arts in Communication: Application deadline is November 1
The B.A. in Communication program with an option in Organizational Communication is designed for individuals and working professionals with an interest in obtaining a degree in a broad, but growing field.
Students will be prepared for diverse careers in areas such as marketing, sales, consulting, public relations, business, management, human resources, public affairs, fundraising, development and civil service, among others. The broad nature of the curriculum also makes it applicable to students seeking advancement in any career.
- Monterey Bay
- Spring 2020 Admission: Application period October 1 - December 1, 2019
- San Marcos - International
- Spring 2020 Admission: Application filing period August 1 - November 15, 2019
- 2.0 cumulative GPA (some majors will require higher gpa in pre-core classes)
- 60 transferable semester units OR 90 quarter units*
- Golden Four subject requirements*
*Exceptions available on case by case basis
How to apply: https://www.csusm.edu/global/admissions/transferadmiss/wanttoapply.html
California Private College/Universities
- University of San Francisco
- Spring 2020 Admission: Application deadline November 1. Decisions will be sent out on a rolling basis throughout the fall semester. Apply thru Common App for Transfer.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility for all non-nursing transfer majors to USF is the following:
1. Have at least 24 semester or 36 quarter units of earned college credits. No specific coursework is required for transfer admission for non-nursing majors.
2. Have a minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.50
3. Be in Academic and Disciplinary Good Standing in the most recent term completed
All domestic transfer students will automatically be considered for a transfer merit scholarship based on GPA and, if they file a FAFSA/CA Dream Act Application, need-based aid.
Spring 2020 Transfer Nursing
We are also accepting applications for Spring 2020 transfer BSN program. As this program is highly selective, these students do have specific prerequisite requirements, which can be found here.
Connect and Visit
We are excited to offer both on-campus Transfer Information Sessions and one-on-one transfer admission appointments (including on-the-spot admission for non-nursing majors) throughout the fall. Your students can register to visit campus here.
Out of State Colleges/Universities
- Miami University
- Spring and Fall 2020 Admission: Application periods very for each term. students
who apply by our published application
deadlines will receive priority consideration for our transfer
transfer application and the transfer Common Application. Students can visit
checklist for more information.
College Opening Update: Options for Qualified Students
NACAC's annual College Openings Update: Options for Qualified Students (formerly the Space Availability Survey) is a voluntary listing of NACAC member postsecondary institutions that are still accepting applications from prospective freshman and/or transfer students for the upcoming fall term.
Important Application Dates, Deadlines, and What's Next?
Update your UC and/or CSU Application before January 1 - 31, 2019
Guides on How to Apply